Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2012, 06:43 AM

454 posts, read 940,073 times

Advertisements

Colorado Takes The Lead In Fracking Regulation | Fox News

Will this set a precedent for North Dakota or will we sit here with our heads in the sand and rake in all the tax benefits and wait it out?

I would love to know what is really in that frack solution............trade secret my @ss, hiding something perhaps...............Oh never .

April is a few months away, plenty of time for information to change or be altered. Everyone has a price, TPTB just need to offer it to the right person at the right time, presto chango, frack fluid is harmless , maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 04:29 PM

979 posts, read 3,668,568 times
I hope North Dakota continues to handle the oil and mining industry in the same way it currently does. I don't feel North Dakota needs to follow in ANY other states footsteps or policies. I definately feel the EPA has no business dictating a states policy...states know their own environment better than any out of state Federal agency or ENVIRONMENTALIST groups do. I say leave us alone and let Colorado worry about Colorado.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:11 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Seeking some answers a few weeks ago I began researching fracking, and water related, contamination issues and concerns. It is pretty dry reading in some areas, but when you get to the real info, I found it worth the time. I have to say, I feel a bit better about what may/may not happen in the area of oil related fields in Western N.D. than I did. This is an ongoing concern in our State, and it is good to know the folks are in place that are addressing it. The first is what N.D., and I believe some other states learned and identified as concerns dating from historical oil related developments, authored in 97' The second, an actual website NDIC Oil & Gas Division home page I haven't read as throughly, updated information, lots of interesting links, stats, and new rules. The third is the U.S. review study,of State run Oil and Gas Regulations, and water protection programs 2009'. Happy reading
The 1997' version http://strongerinc.org/documents/Nor...w%206-1997.pdf
The Jan 2012 version, so far.
https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/
The Govt. State OIL and Gas Guidelines 2009'
http://www.gwpc.org/e-library/documents/general/State%20Oil%20and%20Gas%20Regulations%20Designed%2 0to%20Protect%20Water%20Resources.pdf (broken link)

Last edited by JanND; 01-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.. Reason: sentence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota