Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 10:31 AM

477 posts, read 1,506,546 times

Advertisements

Health Dept investigates raw sewage dumped in county - Williston Herald: News

I'm sure there is so much more like this that no one knows about also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2012, 12:25 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl View Post

I agree. With so many RV's set up as temp quarters along with the RV parks that do not allow hookups during the winter, it's probably more widespread. This is just what they have seen.

Old 01-31-2012, 12:30 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:

This would make me really nervous if I had a well in the area. Hope there are no cholera or e coli outbreaks.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:52 PM

443 posts, read 806,334 times
Quote:

How much "investigating" is possible in a situation like this?
Who had the required expertise to determine that the dumped substance was, in fact, raw sewage? Was his/her approach scientific in nature or was reliance on human olfactory capability the method of identification?

Old 01-31-2012, 02:57 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa22 View Post
How much "investigating" is possible in a situation like this?
Who had the required expertise to determine that the dumped substance was, in fact, raw sewage? Was his/her approach scientific in nature or was reliance on human olfactory capability the method of identification?
Poop contains DNA, so there is likely plenty of physical evidence to tie back to someone. I would hate to be the investigator though.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Jones View Post
Poop contains DNA, so there is likely plenty of physical evidence to tie back to someone. I would hate to be the investigator though.
Maybe DNA evidence will link an oil company executive to the crime. It's been hard to link chemical pollution to them since the formula is proprietary.

Last edited by ursa22; 01-31-2012 at 03:04 PM.. Reason: wording

Old 02-01-2012, 08:49 AM

This incident is highly symbolic in nature. It sends the message, "Not only are we here, we are going to dump our (bleep) on you, and there is nothing you can do about it".
How would any reasonable person deal with a house guest who behaved in a similar manner?

Old 02-01-2012, 10:43 AM

477 posts, read 1,506,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa22 View Post
This incident is highly symbolic in nature. It sends the message, "Not only are we here, we are going to dump our (bleep) on you, and there is nothing you can do about it".
How would any reasonable person deal with a house guest who behaved in a similar manner?
I know it!!! Right now I believe we are in a point where things are going to be coming out in a big way, and I don't mean just with this article. Seriously, if the boom ended tomorrow, what would happen, what would the people staying here be left with? And I say the people staying here as I can't just say the word locals anymore because there are newcomers that would want to stay here for whatever reason. We are in this together!

Old 02-02-2012, 07:48 AM

454 posts, read 940,259 times
Interesting and disgusting article. I states that several residents called authorities to complain about the dumping, but none would leave their names....................why not? Are things that goofy out there that people don't even dare leave their names when calling about raw sewage dumping? When I read the title, all I could think about was Cousin Eddy.

Christmas Vacation - Sh*tter was full - YouTube

Old 02-02-2012, 08:12 AM

Cousin Eddy has a pocket full of oil dollars now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota