Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 03:27 PM

73 posts, read 94,663 times

Advertisements

I am asking this question as if the answer is no is there a way to if say one was to get an oil job up there actualyl offer to pay a little out of there check into the town funds and such so as to help pay for stuff like emergency services and such? I know i may get flamed for this but to me if i am up somewhere working and the town i am in is struggling i would offer to take a little out each check if iw as being paid well to help said town as it seems the right and responsible thing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2012, 03:38 PM

I guess i should say state taxes and such if there is no city tax for payroll. and if so how much of that goes to the town to help?

Old 02-05-2012, 04:10 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham_Cracker View Post
I guess i should say state taxes and such if there is no city tax for payroll. and if so how much of that goes to the town to help?
What a nice gesture. You're a good example, that there are many oil workers that do care about the area. Contrary to what we sometimes see expressed.

To answer your question;There are city leaders trying to get the formula changed that was previously used in distributing oil revenue. I put a thread up after reading your post.

Again, thanks for being so thoughtful, I hope you do really well in N.D. and maybe even make it your home

Old 02-05-2012, 05:27 PM

Well making it home is the intention. And with that in mind is another reason I ask. Never saw a thread asking this. I just figure if I come into a town and get work and can help my kids, why wouldn't I in turn try to help out the city that helped me? I'm not planning on coming up there just to work and bail.I'm coming up there to work to support and care for my sons and myself. Plus years down the road I want to be able to always tell my sons I've always tried to help those who have helped me. I've seen some threads about 911 issues and so just thought of making this post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota