Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 07:21 AM

454 posts, read 940,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl View Post
Thank you so much for the info, that helps a lot! I better do it! LOL, the way it sounds it will take awhile to get the permit if I am approved then. I am not sure which classs to take, I might go for the Class one as I do go into MT quite a bit. Thanks again, you rock!
Thanks Boncogirl!

Jan, that is a great link. Our instructor told us repeatedly to check the website for any changes - as they seem to be happening frequently in regards to CC laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 11:16 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Hoping folks read it....it has a regulation regarding making your renewal app due 180 days prior to your CWP expires.....if not done it won't get renewed. I find that pretty stringent, I hold a few licenses, never heard of that much lead time for renewal....must be a control factor.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:25 AM

So what's the latest for the folks that attended the concealed classes given by that guy who had his license pulled?? Anyone know??

Old 04-05-2012, 06:39 PM

90 posts, read 355,274 times

A little patch rumor about Wiliston told to me by my boss...

Old 04-06-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockfordNativenowSeattle View Post
Nothing like a few minutes of Clint Eastwood to start the day off right. My favorite quote from the clip: "My mistake, 4 coffins"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
So what's the latest for the folks that attended the concealed classes given by that guy who had his license pulled?? Anyone know??
I did see a letter that the instructor had written in rebuttal to what the media had printed - but other than that, I have nor heard or seen anything about him lately. It's my opinion only, but I would think that any concealed/carry apps that make it down to Bismarck that are signed by that specific instructor are not approved, and I am wondering what happens to the fees that were paid by the people who took his class?

Concealed carry permits boom in North Dakota's oil patch

Up to 300 concealed/carry permits are arriving at the Attorney General of North Dakota office everyday. HOLY MOLY.

Old 04-06-2012, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 3,116 times
My husband and I took his class and applied for our CCW licenses at the end of Janurary (before his instructor's license was suspended by the ND Bureau of Investigation in February). We received our ND Concealed Weapons licenses about 6 weeks later. The BCI said they would honor any applications signed by him BEFORE his license was suspended. He still teaches classes in ND for the Utah permit, but cannot administer the ND test. We thoroughly enjoyed his class and can't believe the reason they pulled his instructor's license.

Personally, I think he got a bum deal. Sounds like there's a lot of internal crappola going on higher up.

Last edited by ND family; 04-06-2012 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: hit "post" button too soon

Old 04-06-2012, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND family View Post
My husband and I took his class and applied for our CCW licenses at the end of Janurary (before his instructor's license was suspended by the ND Bureau of Investigation in February). We received our ND Concealed Weapons licenses about 6 weeks later. The BCI said they would honor any applications signed by him BEFORE his license was suspended. He still teaches classes in ND for the Utah permit, but cannot administer the ND test. We thoroughly enjoyed his class and can't believe the reason they pulled his instructor's license.

Personally, I think he got a bum deal. Sounds like there's a lot of internal
crappola going on higher up.

Thanks for the updated info ND family . I'm really glad to hear that those who took the test before his license was suspended, did indeed get their license!

I was wondering if something fishy was going on with the whole thing - so many times there are 'other' issues beneath the surface.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norsk/Deutsch/Polska View Post
Thanks for the updated info ND family . I'm really glad to hear that those who took the test before his license was suspended, did indeed get their license!

I was wondering if something fishy was going on with the whole thing - so many times there are 'other' issues beneath the surface.
Exactly!

It's too bad because he really is a very knowledgeable and professional guy.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:59 PM

Norsk/Deutsch/Polska 300 Concealed Weapons Permits a DAY???? in Western N.D. Shocking....and someone is making some income teaching these classes...Wow
and thanks for that article...

Old 04-21-2012, 04:17 PM

Got my carry/conceal permit in the mail today, exactly two months to the day since I took the class. We were cautioned by our instructor to expect a full three month wait - so I was pretty surprised to get it today. Whew, glad it came .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota