Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM

192 posts, read 497,332 times

Advertisements

As for the CDL permit same thing applies as my resume advice. There are a million people here applying for jobs. And half prolly don't have CDL or CDL Permit... It's just one less reason to toss your application in the trash.

I changed my DL over to ND today... already on one application the Secretary said.... "Oh your local, thats good"

One less reason to throw it in the trash..... of course there are millions of reasons though, Just try to control what you CAN control... and definatly not what you THINK you can control.

Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 05:12 AM

2 posts, read 4,501 times
To is SOS Staffing the only company that does the temp hiring for Schlumberger? Or is there another company or direct hire? Thanks in advance?

Last edited by ElkHunter; 09-01-2013 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: Link not needed

Old 09-02-2013, 11:25 AM

112 posts, read 316,500 times
as far as I know yes SOS is the only one that does the temp hiring for Schlumberger. Don't know of any direct hire unless you know someone or its for something other than entry level.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:37 PM

6 posts, read 13,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockfordNativenowSeattle View Post
No we aren't part of the drill crew; and we don't always run jobs on site.

ie.. The job might be too drop a Rack of tanks on site; that's all and you head back to the yard..

Then there's a job to dump waste cement in powder form. Now your off to the land fill another 1hr away.

Then there is the work on site; I just completed 13hr day Monday and 21hrs this Sunday till 10pm today... It was a two stage job; nothing big... I work Bulk so I just bring supplies and run a pots.. "Pots are the 660's on the halliburton site" Too Start the week I got 34hrs already...

We had dropped off a 4 pot rack a day ago at this same site; and I managed to get the job when they wanted to pour the cement.

This is how the job went...

I get there fire up the pump and pressurize the tanks full of cement so that the cement will feed from 1 tube too the cementers truck. I then help him setup some pipes to the oilwell; that's the only time I set foot on the rig itself. Which only takes 1-2 hours to setup.

I then pump the cement for stage 1 to the cementers truck; they are your service supervisors.
Perks for Cementers;
They get a company Truck; and there own Yard Cement truck. 1 driver assigned too assist you and, He's trng to be a cementer.

I'm a COA I; we just move the stuff there and Assist with the jobs.. After stage one I hop in the truck and catch 4hrs of sleep.. I wake up for stage 2 and run out the rest of the pots... Help him rig down the pipe and load up to go back to the yard...

This is a 10-12 hr job; it turned into almost 22... The rain came and the 80K Pound Cement Truck got stuck leading the way off the site.. There's only one road leading out of the drill site.

6 hrs later the Cat Showed up to pull the Truck out the ditch; and I went back. Ohh the mud makes things tougher in the field lol.
The pipes get heavier lol... Though the physical work was only 4hrs total; I got 20+ on that one site all billed too the Company Man .....

Toys Onsite

If your a COA like myself; and I can only speak too this; I watched Netflix the whole time for about 7hrs while that Truck was stuck in the ditch on the Service Road... I also watched after the initial setup. This was on a Verizon phone lol.. I got it for that reason it works great you get atlest 3g so you can watch a movie.. Ipads are popular also with our guys.

Also you don't have to come to the yard every morning; they will call you out for the jobs. When you get done with your job; drive back too the yard you go back into position if your the first back you get slot 1... Your the second you get slot 2 and so on. Jobs go out in that order. There isn't a shortage of hours or jobs. Though you might not catch one till 8pm; and then you get back 36hrs later like I just did and was paid for 34 of them...

Hope that helps going to bed now before a call comes in or something lol... Good Night...
RockfordNativenowSeattle i just got offered a job with Schlumberger as a COA they gave me the option of fracking crew or cement crew, i didnt know the difference so i said whichever. They said they would like to have me on a cement crew due to my background, which honestly isnt anything impressive as i see it. -----

-Anyways whats the difference in a nutshell between each type, I know the cement crews are only about 5-6 and frack crews about 16-18. I was told that the pay is the same and hours are also the same.

But i hear that most guys enjoy cement better than fracking. But then again i guess the frackers probably say the same thing. It seems to me from your posts that cement does seem a bit better. I still have the option to choose fracking before i start working here in 2-3 wks.
BTw guys Schlumberger does go through SOS for hiring and background checks. They pre-screen all the applicants. The recruiter told us he went through 80-100 applicants to narrow it down to about 16 of us that were there at the Schlumberger interviews, and one thing that the recruiter told me once he called me to tell me they wanted to offer me a job, was that it was the first time that he had a whole group get hired. So they must be needing guys bad. I encourage any of you to at least attempt to apply.

Thank you all who have provided info. this forum has given me a world of info. and now i actually have a better idea of what im getting into.

Old 10-15-2013, 05:48 PM

111 posts, read 188,920 times
If I may ask what is the hourly wage for the cement and frack positions.

Old 10-16-2013, 03:09 AM

90 posts, read 355,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleman7 View Post
RockfordNativenowSeattle i just got offered a job with Schlumberger as a COA they gave me the option of fracking crew or cement crew, i didnt know the difference so i said whichever. They said they would like to have me on a cement crew due to my background, which honestly isnt anything impressive as i see it. -----

-Anyways whats the difference in a nutshell between each type, I know the cement crews are only about 5-6 and frack crews about 16-18. I was told that the pay is the same and hours are also the same.

But i hear that most guys enjoy cement better than fracking. But then again i guess the frackers probably say the same thing. It seems to me from your posts that cement does seem a bit better. I still have the option to choose fracking before i start working here in 2-3 wks.
BTw guys Schlumberger does go through SOS for hiring and background checks. They pre-screen all the applicants. The recruiter told us he went through 80-100 applicants to narrow it down to about 16 of us that were there at the Schlumberger interviews, and one thing that the recruiter told me once he called me to tell me they wanted to offer me a job, was that it was the first time that he had a whole group get hired. So they must be needing guys bad. I encourage any of you to at least attempt to apply.

Thank you all who have provided info. this forum has given me a world of info. and now i actually have a better idea of what im getting into.

Ive been at it for Two years or just about now; and Schlumberger; we don't see them much out here in the Anadarko Basin. That may change as I am surely moving south out of Tornado Alley. Now as for Cement its all the same ma man Ive been told over the time.

You will drive a Truck out to site, rig up, run the job and get off location when the time comes. Now there is a pre setup and variables that come into play.

Example you will drop a Field Storage Bin on location and then go back pick up a Pneumatic truck and go fill the storage bin. This goes back in forth till your out of hours or you fill it up.

Another Example another team is short say in the next state or another country ie Canada and you may choose to go there and help out for a few weeks. It happens from time to time hehe. I haven't went to Canada; but have helped in Oklahoma.

Now if you decide to Move up and do something different; there are the Batch Mixers which will run the super flush which goes down hole first to flush oil based mud out. This is mixed in a seperate pump truck. Its easy to learn; I know how to run it. The Next step is a Pump Truck Similiar to a Batch Mixer; but has 2 more tanks and actually mixes the Cement. Once you learn to run that truck you can move up to a Cementer; which a Pump Truck drive is a Cementer in Trng or after a while is a Cementer who won't move up to the Title Cementer lol.

If your a Cementer you are responsible for anything and everything as your the Supervisor in charge. ie someone gets hurt on site; its going to be you held responsible possibly with the person who got hurt.

My advice is learn as much as you can about everything and how it works.

Now as for Frac; they have a set scheduel. They know when they are going out and when they aren't. The Frac side is planned; and organied. The Cement Side isn't and you go to location when the Rig needs you to be there. So if you preferr a set scheduel where you can plan around things; then Frac isn't bad. If you like the Unknown and 24 hr call out while on duty then Cement.

That I would say is a big difference and depending on your location. Ive seen enough Tornados form up to last a life time. I'm Tranfering South TX and Yes I have had them Knock out the windows in my House. 5 Months ago! That's my Que to Get out of this region hehe. Not to mention the Hail Storm they bring and Ding Up your car; Get Full Coverage or the Insurance company will say; he you can't win them all lol. If your in tornado Alley.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:19 PM

Thanks a lot for the reply and through info!!! I really appreciate it so much!!

Old 11-05-2013, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeng99 View Post
If I may ask what is the hourly wage for the cement and frack positions.
I know Schlumberger starts out at $15 per hour. Not much as im used to, but i think the OT is where the money is made.

Old 11-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermz83 View Post
To is SOS Staffing the only company that does the temp hiring for Schlumberger? Or is there another company or direct hire? Thanks in advance?
From what i know, in Oklahoma SOS is the only company they use.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:10 PM

111 posts, read 188,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleman7 View Post
I know Schlumberger starts out at $15 per hour. Not much as im used to, but i think the OT is where the money is made.
I was expecting an hourly wage hiring than that. I'm considering Texas, since the housing costs are lower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota