Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 11:40 AM

477 posts, read 1,506,477 times

Advertisements

Williston Herald: AP (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/ND_HIGHWAY_CLOSED_NDOL-?SITE=NDWIL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT - broken link)

I guess it was a younger guy that was the driver, he received quite the chewing out from the patrolman.

This really sucks though, now we gots to choose between alternate roads that are out of the way.

My bf was coming back from a rig when he came up on it. It was quite the sight, can't remember what he said was on the semi, maybe some sort of heavy equipment with a arm/shovel for digging. LOL, I have never in my life saw something like that. He took some pics for me and wow, glad no one was hurt.

This the section where the bridge is 14 miles south of Watford City or 7 north of Grassy Butte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2012, 11:45 AM

454 posts, read 940,173 times
This was the first thing I heard when I turned on the radio this morning. Glad there were no injuries, but it is going to cause major traffic headaches until they get the bridge fixed.

Wonder if the driver is done with this job.......................

Old 03-19-2012, 12:51 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl View Post
Williston Herald: AP (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/ND_HIGHWAY_CLOSED_NDOL-?SITE=NDWIL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT - broken link)

I guess it was a younger guy that was the driver, he received quite the chewing out from the patrolman.

This really sucks though, now we gots to choose between alternate roads that are out of the way.

My bf was coming back from a rig when he came up on it. It was quite the sight, can't remember what he said was on the semi, maybe some sort of heavy equipment with a arm/shovel for digging. LOL, I have never in my life saw something like that. He took some pics for me and wow, glad no one was hurt.

This the section where the bridge is 14 miles south of Watford City or 7 north of Grassy Butte.
Post the pics GirlFriend

Old 03-19-2012, 05:27 PM

154 posts, read 412,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncogirl View Post

Friend of mine said it was a hoe. Tore through a bunch of bridge top and collapsed the trailer before the hoe fell off. One lane traffic through there starting tomorrow for ??? weeks/months. I'm guessin the driver got promoted to an office job

Old 03-20-2012, 09:13 AM

59 posts, read 138,365 times
I'm glad they have 1 lane open at least. If it was completely shut down and you had an overweight rig, how would you get north or south? Highway 22 to the east (by Mandaree) is off limits, as well as 16 going south of Sather Dam.

Take 16 to Glendive? Go all the way east to 83?

Old 03-20-2012, 06:38 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Gads, how safe could it be w/ heavy rigs???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota