Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2012, 03:33 PM

6 posts, read 8,774 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are not sure when, possibly anywhere from 2-6 months from now. It depends on when he gets out of the Army. We are a young couple looking to relocate someplace else (we're in Colorado at the moment) and since he has family out there we thought it would be a good transition for us. I know about the cold out there so I'm prepared for that. Looking forward to the summers though! Love thunderstorms!
My questions are: What is there to do out there fun-wise for young couples? We're not partiers or anything like that. We love outdoorsy stuff like hiking and camping.
We'll be living with his family for awhile until we can figure out our living situation. What's a 2-3 bed house/apartment go for?
Any suggested restaurants? Places to visit?
Thanks for any info! (:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2012, 08:36 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,035,240 times
For more outdoors-type things, there's quite a bit in the area. There are quite a few biking trails in the near vicinity, and a few campgrounds and parks. In the winter, there's skiing at Huff Hills. This might help a bit (more comprehensive than my memory): Bismarck Parks and Recreation District

There's Ft. Abraham Lincoln National Park, and if you want to take a drive, there's quite a bit of hiking, mountain biking, camping, etc...that you can do at Theodore Roosevelt National park.
For things to do, you can always go through the Capital and Heritage Center. For places to eat, you can grab a burger and a bowl of Knoephla at Kroll's, or get something a bit nicer at the East 40.

As for rent, that's been changing pretty rapidly in the past couple of years, so I'm no expert there.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:53 PM

We'll probably be looking into the National parks more, even if it is a bit of a drive. We're more the "primitive" camping type. If there's one thing I'm gonna miss about CO it's being in the middle of nowhere Rocky Mountains. I've never camped on flat land before so it'll be new for me
But thank you, we'll have to go try some of that Knoephla out

Old 03-20-2012, 10:00 PM

1,016 posts, read 3,035,240 times
You should like Theodore Roosevelt Natn'l Park--VERY interesting scenery around there. Pretty different from the Rockies, but definitely cool.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:11 PM

Beautiful! And yes, it's very different from the Rockies but that's kind of what we're looking for, a complete change of scenery. What sort of wildlife is out there? I mean, that National park anyway. Anything to be worried about in the summer time?

Old 03-20-2012, 10:25 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theastral View Post
Beautiful! And yes, it's very different from the Rockies but that's kind of what we're looking for, a complete change of scenery. What sort of wildlife is out there? I mean, that National park anyway. Anything to be worried about in the summer time?
They have a website and this link is to the frequently asked questions. Scroll down about 2/3'ds of the way and it lists the wildlife.

Theodore Roosevelt National Park - Frequently Asked Questions (U.S. National Park Service)

Old 03-20-2012, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
They have a website and this link is to the frequently asked questions. Scroll down about 2/3'ds of the way and it lists the wildlife.

Theodore Roosevelt National Park - Frequently Asked Questions (U.S. National Park Service)
Thanks, I was actually on that site earlier but I didn't think to look at the FAQ

Old 03-22-2012, 05:34 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
You'll have to check park by park. I'm not sure that you can just up and pitch a tent anywhere you want in the Badlands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota