Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 03:33 PM

443 posts, read 804,422 times

Advertisements

Fact Check: The more we drill, the less we pay? The facts say no. | The Dickinson Press | Dickinson, North Dakota
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2012, 08:40 PM

454 posts, read 938,155 times
Quote:

"But Obama, who has seen gas prices go up 73 percent since he took office, was singing a different tune last week in his weekly radio address: “The truth is: The price of gas depends on a lot of factors that are often beyond our control. Unrest in the Middle East can tighten global oil supply. Growing nations like China or India adding cars to the road increases demand. But one thing we should control is fraud and manipulation that can cause prices to spike even further.”"

It's the last line that just kills me. Duh-oy.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:03 PM

49 posts, read 125,910 times
'Drill, Baby, Drill' won't lower gas prices. But it will provide North Dakota with an abundance of good paying jobs and a tax base to be envied by other states.

Last edited by misc1972; 03-22-2012 at 09:13 PM..

Old 03-22-2012, 09:19 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,154,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misc1972 View Post
'Drill, Baby, Drill' won't lower gas prices. But it will provide North Dakota with an abundance of good paying jobs and a tax base to be envied by other states.
I agree with this. It would really be nice if there was a way to keep some of the oil pumped in North Dakota refined here and used to lower the price of diesel and gasoline here. It's a shame that with all of this oil coming out of the ground here, prices have to be so high.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 PM

818 posts, read 914,190 times
I just joined this forum to learn more about the conditions in ND and MT in the oil field. ( I have more than 10 years exp working in TX an La. oil/gas field ) I see and hear this topic about more " drilling won't lower the gas price" From what I can tell with the current US administration it is true because the "Speculators " that are driving the price of oil know they have a safe bet due to the current ban on offshore drilling , govt lands and no new refineries . But you watch oil and gasoline prices drop like rock when B.O. ( the prez ) looses and the new prez cuts all this loose .

Old 03-24-2012, 05:50 AM

6 posts, read 36,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntFishRepeat View Post
I just joined this forum to learn more about the conditions in ND and MT in the oil field. ( I have more than 10 years exp working in TX an La. oil/gas field ) I see and hear this topic about more " drilling won't lower the gas price" From what I can tell with the current US administration it is true because the "Speculators " that are driving the price of oil know they have a safe bet due to the current ban on offshore drilling , govt lands and no new refineries . But you watch oil and gasoline prices drop like rock when B.O. ( the prez ) looses and the new prez cuts all this loose .
You must of been asleep for quite a few presidents, lol. Bush and gang were possibly one of the most oil friendly administration in U.S history yet gas prices were even higher than they are today.

Obama looses and say... (pick one) wins, gas prices will still spike, hit all time high, then the price of oil will go down yet again, but gas prices will remain high and sllooowwllly creep down over4-5 months but will never be cheaper than it was the previous year.

But no one will notice the price gouging trend because some celebrety is getting divorced and quite frankly, its the most important news and everyone should be concerned about famous peoples lives.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:41 AM

818 posts, read 914,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozing View Post
You must of been asleep for quite a few presidents, lol. Bush and gang were possibly one of the most oil friendly administration in U.S history yet gas prices were even higher than they are today.

Obama looses and say... (pick one) wins, gas prices will still spike, hit all time high, then the price of oil will go down yet again, but gas prices will remain high and sllooowwllly creep down over4-5 months but will never be cheaper than it was the previous year.

But no one will notice the price gouging trend because some celebrety is getting divorced and quite frankly, its the most important news and everyone should be concerned about famous peoples lives.
Why are so many people so quick to forget the good things Bush did for the US ? Sure he should have done more to stop stuff like Freddie and Fannie from getting out of control. For the most part he did a good job( look up the economic growth and unemployment )
Everyone forgets that once the Dems. got control of congress, Bush's hands were tied on almost everything he tried to do since they would vote it down. Also right before he left office he signed orders to lift the ban on offshore drilling and at the time oil took the largest one day, one week and one month drop in history

Last edited by HuntFishRepeat; 03-24-2012 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 03-24-2012, 07:52 AM

13,825 posts, read 29,828,016 times
Folks, let's keep it on topic in regards to North Dakota.

Presidents, and their record on national issues doesn't fit within that parameter.

Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
View detailed profiles of: