Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 08:08 AM

175 posts, read 459,799 times

Advertisements

I'm doing fine. Thanks. The longer I wait the more I have to write about LOL. Such as life. Things have been... ehh... pretty much the same. Except my free time and thoughts have shifted a bit. I spend way to much time thinking about the stripper. I've visited her a few times.... it's been interesting and different. We're friends... until I can get back the game I had to get to this point. We'll see. I can't go into personal details but suffice to say she has a LOT going on. That and I'm buying a house in Montana... hopefully to rent. Just have to sneak that by the bank somehow. Shhhh!

Oh and my company might be doing layoffs. Probably the first in the Bakken but our manager is an imbecile. Hence why we might have layoffs. Depends if we get more contracts or not. I'm going to work at McDonalds at nights in Minot when we're at the shop because things will be slowing down for us quickly partly because of his idiocy.

Trying to figure out my finances so I can still earn enough to fund this business venture (house), keep stashing away money like mad, pay my credit cards and upgrade my look. (Yes cheap-o me spent $1136 in one sitting at the Buckle!!! ) So those are the big things on my mind.

Just was going to do a quick post today of some pics I've taken over the course of this year. Some sad. Locals may have heard of the events in some of these pics.

Drilling/casing rig at night around mile marker 35 on Route 2 westbound near Williston.

This is a compression facility between Stanley and Ross... I assume it's part of nat-gas processing. That's what it sounded like when I was talking to two of the employees there at 3:00 in morning because I got my car stuck in a farm field. Why? (Moth to the flame :P) Because my GPS said it was a road and I took the wrong north-south road (88th instead of 87th) down to take a picture of this place. It's a long... and unimportant story but I've wanted a picture of this facility for a while. They don't flare everyday and it's been over 6 months since I've seen them do it... and this time I had a decent camera with me.

Anywho to put things in perspective the stacks are over 100' tall and the flame about the same. This flare can literally be seen for miles and it lights up the clouds like nothing else around.

This happened about two weeks ago nearly Stanley. This is how bad the fog can be.... and yes this is an accident scene.

A crude tanker was struck and caught on fire. Six vehicles were involved.... and people did die. I caught up with two ambulances on my way back to Minot after taking a detour to get back on Rt 2. (They were going slightly less than the speed limit if you were curious.)

I just like this shot of the pad at night.

So North Dakota isn't completely flat after all! Took this picture, this morning on the way back to man camp. It's just outside the pad we're on now. That hose is the water transfer line to our site and there's a neighboring pad in the haze.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 08:39 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,095 times
My friend also drove by that accident in Stanley. They were on their way to Denver, she said it looked terrible and was sure that someone had died. Once the Williston Herald started publishing articles about it, it just sounded horrific.

Honestly, car accidents are what scare me most up here. People talk a lot about the increase in crime, however I honestly think that driving is probably the most dangerous thing up here. Fatal accidents are far more common than other major crime events. I've figured out how to drive around while avoiding the busiest roads BUT (and this may just be me being paranoid) if my husband doesn't call or text me within a couple hours of arriving on location I will start to worry. He didn't get it at first but after pointing out to him how frequently terrible car accidents occur up here he seemed to be a bit more understanding.

Good luck with the house in Montana! We are in the process of getting a home here in ND and I swear I don't think we'll buy another house again. It's been very stressful!!

Old 07-03-2013, 10:05 AM

2,707 posts, read 6,232,456 times
Quote:
This happened about two weeks ago nearly Stanley. This is how bad the fog can be.... and yes this is an accident scene.
My husband saw that one, too.
He said it was one of those where you pray the tank driver died immediately, because otherwise he'd cook to death before the FD can get him out... That's actually the main reason he's still doing sand; because he doesn't want to pull a rolling bomb.

Old 07-04-2013, 01:17 AM

625 posts, read 1,882,058 times
Thanks for posting again. Been worrying when it was so long between posts. Thanks for posting all the photos. Its always interesting to see what all in involved in oil drilling

Old 07-07-2013, 06:22 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Yes. Robione, you have become a touch stone for lots of folks already there and thinking about coming. Good to hear that you're fine and healthy. Stay busy, and hope your summer is profitable for you!

Old 08-26-2013, 02:52 PM

114 posts, read 355,522 times
Hi everyone,

I have not been on the blog in awhile. I'm happy to see some familiar names here, as JanND, always a help to people.

Robione, Good of you to keep folks updated. The pictures are great for those of us with an interest in the Bakken but
not living there. The last time I got on the Williston Herald web site, the terrible accident in the fog was being reported.
I believe there was another bad accident reported too, I have not been able to look at the news since, I do say a
novena for the safety of my loved one and friends in Williston, still, every day.

I am way behind on news of long time posters here, the last I remember you were going to work for CCC? Is that your present employer? Ok, if you don't want to say, I was just surprised to read that you might have layoffs. If companies
have any debt to service (or too much) rising interest rates could effect their business budget.

Stay safe and hope you find continued success.

Best.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrickett View Post
I am way behind on news of long time posters here, the last I remember you were going to work for CCC? ...
No I'm work for another company. CCC was one I was looking at when I just wanted a truck driving job period, oilfield or not. They took awhile to get back to me because of some hiccup. By the time they did I already found something else.

Old 10-02-2013, 01:12 AM

I'll take good juju from anyone willing to give it.

I had a little mishap where I injured myself. Felt like someone stepped on my Achilles and a big big big cramp afterwards. The first thing I did was check it out... seemed intact. Went to the doctor a few days later. And a few others after that. The first believed it was a pulled muscle. I really couldn't find any to verbalize what I thought had happened. No one really checked out the tendon.... guess what! Complete tear. Only took 4 weeks to determine it.

Surgery in a few hours. Because of the length of time since the injury, I may or not walk (and do just about everything else that requires the calf muscle) normally again. IDK... maybe it's the doc just saying his doom and gloom to cover himself. I hope so... but I do have > 46mm of separation between the ends. The end on the calf muscle wasn't even in the MRI.

So taking all good juju so the surgery and rehab goes well.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,380 times
Hi Robione, been following your adventure. I finally created a profile just to wish you good luck today! Thanks for taking the time to share your journey.
Brian

Old 10-02-2013, 06:52 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robione View Post
I'll take good juju from anyone willing to give it.

I had a little mishap where I injured myself. Felt like someone stepped on my Achilles and a big big big cramp afterwards. The first thing I did was check it out... seemed intact. Went to the doctor a few days later. And a few others after that. The first believed it was a pulled muscle. I really couldn't find any to verbalize what I thought had happened. No one really checked out the tendon.... guess what! Complete tear. Only took 4 weeks to determine it.

Surgery in a few hours. Because of the length of time since the injury, I may or not walk (and do just about everything else that requires the calf muscle) normally again. IDK... maybe it's the doc just saying his doom and gloom to cover himself. I hope so... but I do have > 46mm of separation between the ends. The end on the calf muscle wasn't even in the MRI.

So taking all good juju so the surgery and rehab goes well.
Really sorry to hear this. Sending all the thoughts and prayers I can. Remember, be nice to the nurses, they are your life blood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota