Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2012, 05:49 PM

746 posts, read 1,729,213 times

Advertisements

In the 2010 Census, Divide County (Crosby area) had 2071 people. By the end of the year, it will add that many more jobs as its rig count will go from 11 to 24. It already has 2000 oil jobs now, so the Crosby area, which is already hard pressed for housing, will see even more people descend on the county.

Crosby Journal - Tioga Tribune - Latest News

Quote:
By year’s end the number of rigs drilling in Divide County is expected to more than double and 2,000 more workers will be needed.
“Divide County is just starting an explosion of drilling and jobs,” said Lynn Helms, director of the state Department of Mineral Resources.
Helms’ projects that the number of rigs working in Divide County could hit 24 sometime this year and stay at that level until 2016.
That’s more than double the 11 working rigs the county averaged in 2011, and the number of oil field workers will hit 4,000, double the number working in the county’s oil patch today.
The streets are already abuzz with numbers and projections of different companies ramping up to expand drilling in the coming months.
“Wow!” was the response last week, almost across the board, when public officials were asked to respond to the projection.
“I was hoping we’d be a little farther ahead before we got that influx,” said Crosby Auditor Carol Lampert. “I don’t think we can say ‘We’re not ready, go away.’”
County Auditor Gayle Jastrzebski said, “You just have to accept the changes and move forward.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 06:45 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
Fourwinds....Thanks for a great and interesting article....actually 2 because the second article is wonderful. I interviewed years ago for a County position there, approximately 10 years ago. And though it is rich w/ wonderful people it was one of the most depressed areas at that time that I had seen in N.D. I know the folks there are wonderful, hardworking North Dakotans this is an opportunity to get back what they had in the 80's, and it looks like the dig your heels in mentality is making it happen. I for one am cheering them on. Crosby can be the Hub it was again.
The history and the potential are there for Crosby and Divide Co. to thrive...It is exciting to see they are accepting, managing and preparing for the growth. I look for Crosby to be a really lively and hopefully thriving little town real soon. I applaud Mayor Bakken's .... Uff Da!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
View detailed profiles of: