Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 09:45 PM

746 posts, read 1,728,910 times

Advertisements

Continental has drilled into four different layers (middle bakken and three layers of the Three Forks) and found commercial oil in all four. Other layers may also be producers. The Three Forks news potentially pushed oil drilling well below I-94.

Jack Stark, vice president of production for Continental, said his company now estimates there are between 27 billion and 45 billion barrels of recoverable oil in the Bakken and associated formations. That’s substantially more than it estimated two years ago and more than six times the amount the Geological Survey estimates.
Stark said the company upped its estimate when it discovered that three more layers below the Bakken and Three Forks also are productive.

Read more: Continental ups N.D. state oil estimate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2012, 10:26 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwinds View Post
Continental has drilled into four different layers (middle bakken and three layers of the Three Forks) and found commercial oil in all four. Other layers may also be producers. The Three Forks news potentially pushed oil drilling well below I-94.

Jack Stark, vice president of production for Continental, said his company now estimates there are between 27 billion and 45 billion barrels of recoverable oil in the Bakken and associated formations. That’s substantially more than it estimated two years ago and more than six times the amount the Geological Survey estimates.
Stark said the company upped its estimate when it discovered that three more layers below the Bakken and Three Forks also are productive.

Read more: Continental ups N.D. state oil estimate
Sounds like more jobs.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:28 PM

Thank you for the name of the company. I am going to look up some jobs. I wonder if there is anything in the cartographic field. If not, I'm going to look up something.

Old 05-23-2012, 10:33 PM

I just applied as a Land Tech. The job is in Oklahoma City,OK though.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:45 PM

Continental Resources - OKC
Whiting Oil - Denver
Oasis - Houston
EOG - Houston
Burlington Resources - Houston
Statoil - Austin, TX
Cheseapeake - OKC
Kodiak - Denver
Hess - Houston
XTO - Houston

The above are some of the bigger players in ND. The actually don't have that many jobs in ND as they contract out much of the field work to companies like Schlumberger, Halliburton, etc.

Old 05-23-2012, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Continental Resources - OKC
Whiting Oil - Denver
Oasis - Houston
EOG - Houston
Burlington Resources - Houston
Statoil - Austin, TX
Cheseapeake - OKC
Kodiak - Denver
Hess - Houston
XTO - Houston

The above are some of the bigger players in ND. The actually don't have that many jobs in ND as they contract out much of the field work to companies like Schlumberger, Halliburton, etc.
I would hope there would be more jobs. I keep hearing about the low unemployment rate in North Dakota and jobs being up in ND. Being into cartography and geography, I would hope my skill set would be useful. I'm living in the Atlanta area, where the unemployment has been quite high. I am suppose to graduate from college very soon(this summer).

Old 05-24-2012, 12:17 AM

All of those companies are hiring. Look at their websites. For your field, the jobs may more likely be at their headquarters.

Other companies to look into:

Devon - OKC
Sand Ridge - OKC
Pioneer Nat Resources - Houston
Occidental - LA and Houston
Newfield - Houston

Old 05-24-2012, 12:19 AM

Quote:
All of those companies are hiring. Look at their websites. For your field, the jobs may more likely be at their headquarters.

Other companies to look into:

Devon - OKC
Sand Ridge - OKC
Pioneer Nat Resources - Houston
Occidental - LA and Houston
Newfield - Houston
I'm looking into all of this. I'm going to keep trying.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:22 AM

Good news is that Devon has a GIS position. Bad news is that I need 3 to 5 years of experience.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:32 AM

Look at jobsnd.com too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota