Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 03:09 PM

75 posts, read 162,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy05 View Post
I am currently in Blackfoot, Idaho! The route i took looks like it is going to actually skip Wyoming, most parts that is. Would go into detail if i was more familiar with the roads and their names and stuff. Have a gps device on me, so i have been basically following that, and a printed out google map in case the gps fails me. But so far so good. Haven't been driving for too long now. Been having trouble staying awake. That's why i made a stop. Couldn't really sleep last night in the car, kept on waking up so i could stay alert and be aware of my surroundings. Also been trying to solve some issues that have just came up, so not a lot of progress has been made between last night and right now. I think i had probably 2 or 3 hours of sleep at most. Found a cheap place, to shave, clean up and get some better sleep before i continue. Craziest thing happened to me a few hours ago, though. I was going pretty fast, 80 or so miles per hour when out of nowhere i see a deer hop on the road. This is the first time i had ever seen a deer in real life so i'm not sure what size they are regularly, but this one looked pretty big to me. Anyways, as soon as i see it, i slam on the break,(i was going fast so i didn't come to an instant halt) the deer continues to leisurely walk by, completely unaware of my car speeding towards it. By the time the deer gets to the middle of the road it turns and notices me. This time i am probably 40 feet away from it, at the least. I kid you not, when i say the deer literally stops dead in its tracks and stands there on the middle of the road, watching me drive past it without batting an eyelid. Long story short, no harm came to me, my vehicle or the deer. Why the deer didn't run for its life i will never know.Lol.
Good Luck. Try to get at least 4 hours of uninterrupted sleep though. We had an employee killed last month on his way to work by an oncoming pickup that the driver fell asleep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2012, 04:03 PM

45 posts, read 86,232 times
Its that old saying deer in the headlights look. And if you hit one, its like hitting a telephone pole, so be careful.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:48 PM

159 posts, read 350,922 times
What is the Most dangerest animal in America?

Old 06-08-2012, 07:09 PM

159 posts, read 350,922 times
Dont be in a big hurry U dont have a Boss or dispatcher pushing u yet. And most Buisness should be done from Monday on . Take your time.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:42 PM

81 posts, read 202,744 times
california? thats cool. i also came here from cali about 9 months ago now. i drove non stop because i was so excited. it was pretty easy finding a job considering that i have a felony and all. good luck

Old 06-10-2012, 01:21 AM

14 posts, read 27,635 times
Considering that was 9months ago, it is understandable. Only fear now is that with how the media has made this oil boom so popular and all the stories I've been hearing it will be harder getting one of those big paying jobs.

Old 06-10-2012, 01:24 AM

Anyways, for those wondering about my location. I am currently in Billings. Plan to wait till daybreak before arriving in Williston. Anyone know any good churches I could attend.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:24 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Hoping you got to Williston today as you planned. Williston is actually pretty small, so if you'll head down Main...You'll see at least one. Phone book should have addresses of the various churches..Not knowing what denomination you are that might be easiest.
Not sure if McDonald's is still the sort of hang out it was for folks newly arrived...hoping by now a couple of the newly locals there have messaged you.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:30 PM

Made it to Williston safe and sound everybody! Job search begins in earnest tomorrow!!!

Old 06-10-2012, 11:39 PM

75 posts, read 162,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy05 View Post
Made it to Williston safe and sound everybody! Job search begins in earnest tomorrow!!!
Good luck with your job search. I have been here in Ross since March. Let me know if you have any questions, I will try to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota