Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2012, 01:02 PM

4,818 posts, read 11,002,287 times

Advertisements

Even though this is political I thought I would post this here since it involves ND only...

Poll done by valleynewslive and KFYR in Bismarck on measure 2 and 4

Ballot Measures: Opposite Outcomes - Valley News Live - KVLY/KXJB - Fargo/Grand Forks

Suprised measure 2 (prop tax) is at least by the poll is a big NO....measure 4 is the Sioux nickname and no suprise that the eastern part of the state is more YES than NO.

--Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 03:57 PM

I do hope those in the state voted today....

I live across the river in Minnesota so cant vote on any of the measures.

It would appear the property tax is headed to a no vote....measure 3 (religious freedom) to a no vote....and the sioux nickname to a yes vote (meaning UND can retire the nickname and upholds the law passed by the legislature).

I dont know how much press the UND-Sioux nickname gets in the far western part of the state as I dont hear much about what goes out there except here in the forums. But certainly over the years it has changed from if you think the nickname is hostile to what is best for UND as a whole. Regardless of your thinking on the nickname and what the NCAA is doing, I strongly believe that for UND to continue moving forward the nickname has to go. NCAA is a private organization and yes it can do what it wants. Is it fair....highly debatable. But it is the only game in town. If UND athletic departments wants to remain on equitable footing as DI FCS then the name has to go.

Also I know many many folks in Grand Forks region are very worn out hearing about this and just want it to end.

My 2 cents.

Dan

Old 06-12-2012, 05:02 PM

746 posts, read 1,728,910 times
The UND administration, the SBoHE, and the Big Sky ccommissioner have been deceiving the people about the severity of this issue.

To me this whole issue is about trust, and no one should trust the SBoHE given their past record of corruption and deceipt.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourwinds View Post
The UND administration, the SBoHE, and the Big Sky ccommissioner have been deceiving the people about the severity of this issue.

To me this whole issue is about trust, and no one should trust the SBoHE given their past record of corruption and deceipt.
Hi there

May I ask you to explain a bit more....I value your opinions on here.

Dan

Old 06-12-2012, 08:26 PM

Results coming in as expected....

Secretary of State - Election Night Results - June 12th, 2012

Old 06-12-2012, 09:16 PM

Last post on this...

but I am truly amazed at how the measure 4 vote is being passed....didnt think it would be this over whelming. Working literally across the interstate from UND makes me feel good that folks in the state put the university over a nickname. The risk was too great not to retire it.... I personally had no problem with the nickname....but I want UND athletics to thrive and play in the Big Sky and to continue to play Miinnesota and Wisconsin in hockey after they leave for the Big 10 hockey conf. That wasnt going to happen if vote was NO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota