Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2012, 07:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,215 times

Advertisements

Have an offer from MBI. Wondering what their scheduling is like. Have seen a couple different ads with different rotations. Are they strictly 4wks on 1 off? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 AM

32 posts, read 58,496 times
My husband worked for MBI in the past. He came home earlier this year when I couldn't find housing but has been asked to come back a couple of times. The way it used to work (it could have changed since it has been about 6 months since he left): He didn't have to take that 5th week off if he didn't want to. He could keep working and then take the week off when he was ready to, after he met the intial XX number of weeks required to get a week off. His best friend had gone moved out there last year with him, and he continues to work for MBI and loves it. My husband gets weekly phone calls from his friend telling him to get back out there.
Again, he left at the begining of the year, so things might have changed.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:25 PM

159 posts, read 350,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwife View Post
Have an offer from MBI. Wondering what their scheduling is like. Have seen a couple different ads with different rotations. Are they strictly 4wks on 1 off? Thanks!
You have most likely seen the same as I have on there Web site with a verity of shifts. In ND the Driver Schedules are 5 on 3 Off, 5 on 2 Off Or 4 on 2 off. or 4 weeks on 1 week off then switching to 5 weeks on with 1 off. Dont ask me how they really work there schedules but thats the way they offer them on there site. If you know or anybody else knows, Does MBI require a 1 year commitment? And if so what are the Terms if the 1 year is not Met?

Last edited by Jefferyz; 08-14-2012 at 12:27 PM.. Reason: Misspell

Old 08-15-2012, 01:57 PM

75 posts, read 162,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwife View Post
Most common shift is 5 days on 1 day off (5/1). There are guys working 4/2 or, 5/1 - 5/2 or, 5/2 - 5/3. They would like you to work at least 5 weeks on your schedule before you take home time. I have been here since Mar 1 and have not taken any time off.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:08 PM

75 posts, read 162,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferyz View Post
If you know or anybody else knows, Does MBI require a 1 year commitment? And if so what are the Terms if the 1 year is not Met?
I have not heard of any 1 year commitment. They do ask during orientation that even if you do not plan to stay long term, at least work a few months so they may recoup some of the $17,000.00 they have invested in your training.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota