Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 09:41 AM

625 posts, read 1,881,513 times

Advertisements

When/where is the new Walmart going?

[Mod cut]

Last edited by ElkHunter; 09-01-2012 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: Advertising is against the TOS and this post was an ad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 12:07 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-Oaks View Post
When/where is the new Walmart going?
I havent seen a date...but would guess later next year.... process is still going through the zoning stage but dont anticipate any issues. I havent seen a break ground date. It is going in along Gateway (US 2) and out around 55th St N....or just across from the Carpet Girl place

For the house....would put in central air....always a plus. I work in that area (NWS office is off University west of the overpass) Is your home in the Burdick addition or other areas west of the Interstate?

Last edited by ElkHunter; 09-01-2012 at 04:03 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote

Old 09-01-2012, 01:34 PM

625 posts, read 1,881,513 times
Dan, I have often thought of walking over sometime when we've been there working to see if you were working.
Fourth house from the corner, west side.

We're headed up there tomorrow for a day or so.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:00 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,998,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-Oaks View Post
Dan, I have often thought of walking over sometime when we've been there working to see if you were working.
Fourth house from the corner, west side.

We're headed up there tomorrow for a day or so.
You have to let me know.... I work rotating shifts.... so you never know.

Gotcha on location. Timing on the market is pretty good...I wouldnt late much later than early Nov because the holidays are slow (from what realtors told me in selling my first house). The price range is pretty good. We know selling a home is always interesting...I have seen great homes wait on the market and the same thing a month later or earlier go fast. So fickle.

Dan

Old 09-01-2012, 04:11 PM
JGS JGS started this thread

15 posts, read 30,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
I havent seen a date...but would guess later next year.... process is still going through the zoning stage but dont anticipate any issues. I havent seen a break ground date. It is going in along Gateway (US 2) and out around 55th St N....or just across from the Carpet Girl place

For the house....would put in central air....always a plus. I work in that area (NWS office is off University west of the overpass) Is your home in the Burdick addition or other areas west of the Interstate?
I was certain I heard on the news that ground breaking is expected sometime this fall/winter.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:12 PM

746 posts, read 1,728,458 times
After reading up a bit more, seems Grand Forks city council is its won worst enemy of cheaper housing in GF: too many restrctions on mobile home parks and manufactured homes in developments. The chief beneficiaries are the current devevopers , apartment owners, and real estate developers.

Right now, trailer park housing would be preferred by many to apartments and would be cheaper. Manufactured homes would be the next level up. Western GF needs that kind of housing for those trying. GF has too many restrictions on trailer parks, stemming from the GFAFB boom in the 60's. Can't remember the last time a trailer park was approved. GF needs to let the free market system work. If the end result of the GF housing is to demand more government housing assistance, then it should be widely recognized that the GF city council and the developers are set on continuing high barriers to housing.

My elementary school in the 70's had a high number of trailer park kids, all of whom were well above norm in their future success. Trailers can be a life choice of lower housing costs that the city is setting up barriers against. The trailer park near RRHS is actually a decent neighborhood. Yet GF government is prejudicial against them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota