Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 06:32 PM

3 posts, read 12,177 times

Advertisements

Greetings! Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

So there have been some full time FedEx Courier jobs opening in Minot, ND & I'm thinking about making the move from Memphis.

However, I understand there is a shortage of apartments available. Just how difficult is it to get an apartment? I'm single w/ no kids so would just be looking for a 1 bedroom or even studio apartment, any idea how much these run a month? With the high demand for places to lives, I suspect even a 1 bedroom would be very expensive?

The pay is supposed to be slightly better than average for these positions there, but with the oil boom & population growth it sounds like the cost of living is increasing significantly. So I'm trying to take all that into consideration and get a grasp on just how feasible it would be to live in Minot.

Also, how is the availability to broadband internet in and around Minot (DSL, Cable)?

I know it is extremely cold & not a whole lot to do entertainment wise, but that is quite alright with me. I guess the biggest thing is finding my own place, as I would like to avoid bunking up with roommates... although it sounds like that might not be possible, at least for a while.

Thanks, and any additional information you could provide about the area would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2012, 08:15 PM

73 posts, read 175,721 times
HI,

A place to check on apartments would be Minot Daily News -- classified section. I did notice a few apartments for rent, some list the price others don't.

Another place to check for Minot housing is a site called Bismanonline - on the side it lists apartments, then you click on the town you are searching for. I did notice there was some "shares" right now available on there, but not apartments.

Apartments are not easy to find, but you never know what will come available.

I have family in Minot and they have never said anything about having any trouble with cable or DSL.

Minot is one of the larger towns in ND, they do have some major stores for shopping, a nice mall, movie theater, bars, many great doctors and a wonderful hospital,many churches.Home to Minot State College. The zoo is always a fun place to visit.

Each summer it is the home to the ND State Fair which draws in some major performers along with a great rodeo- car races - demo derby etc..

Yes, it does get cold and the wind can be a problem but winter can be fun with snowmobiling, ice fishing and cross country skiing. You can always build a snowman or two or three!! ha

Good luck

Old 12-05-2012, 02:56 PM

431 posts, read 1,606,084 times
Good Afternoon,
Below are the main rental agencies in the Minot area. Lately, there have been more apartments available and as more become vacant, rental rates are dropping. You will need to call them frequently as people sometimes change their minds about renting. We have high speed Internet so no problem there. If you have any specific Minot questions, please ask questions. That is what we are here for.

Rentals
IMM (701) 852-3648
IPM (701) 852-1157
CPM (701) 852-5028
1st Minot Management (701) 839-7505
More Properties (701) 852-7535
SMC (701) 839-4200
Glacial Holdings (701) 852-9743
Anchor Realty and Management Inc (701) 852-4626
Minot Daily News MinotDailyNews.com | News, sports, business, jobs - Minot Daily News
Real Estate

Old 12-15-2012, 12:50 PM

4 posts, read 29,071 times
Hi all,
I too have a question as we're planning on a move to Minot! Which cell phone carrier would be strongest to communicate with other states, lower mid-west states..?! ATT doesn't seem to cut it! Also, which side (W/N/E/S) of Minot is a 'nicer' neighborhood and where do the average house prices with a nice backyard stand at/about?! (we have dogs). Thank you so much and happy holidays to you all. (-and remembering the bereaved families out east. :-(

Old 12-15-2012, 10:22 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natusprt View Post
Hi all,
I too have a question as we're planning on a move to Minot! Which cell phone carrier would be strongest to communicate with other states, lower mid-west states..?! ATT doesn't seem to cut it! Also, which side (W/N/E/S) of Minot is a 'nicer' neighborhood and where do the average house prices with a nice backyard stand at/about?! (we have dogs). Thank you so much and happy holidays to you all. (-and remembering the bereaved families out east. :-(
Thank You for your thoughts the same for you. I also an remembering the Families in CT. Just addressing the cell phones here in ND. There are a lot of "Dead" Areas through out the state. What I have found is North of I-94 Verizon seems to be best. along 94 and in Fargo tracfone seems best and south of 94 Net 10 is best. I carry all 3 with me and so far when one wouldn't connect another would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
View detailed profiles of: