Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 08:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,224 times

Advertisements

http://www.businessinsider.com/arthu...inking-2013-1#
(Sorry, I can't seem to get the link to work properly).

Thoughts from those out in the field? I was considering heading out to Dickinson after acquiring my CDL license but am now worried that the boom is fading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 11:24 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadolsw View Post
Arthur Berman, Shale Is Magical Thinking - Business Insider
(Sorry, I can't seem to get the link to work properly).

Thoughts from those out in the field? I was considering heading out to Dickinson after acquiring my CDL license but am now worried that the boom is fading.
You might want to read some of the other threads. You will find out that the boom is running kind of flat right now, but in no way is it fading.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:54 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
My husband said they're fracking like crazy right now, the last two months of 2012 it slowed down but it has picked up, they hardly get any sleep, they've been rotaing the guys as quick as they can. Companies should be hiring because they are short handed, my hubby usually works 2 weeks on and one week off, but he is starting his straight fourth week due to not having enough people to handle all the wells.

Old 01-21-2013, 07:05 AM

2,707 posts, read 6,232,941 times
my husband is a truck driver and he said there are green hats everywhere, so frack outfits are hiring for work they think must be there...

Old 01-21-2013, 10:45 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
My husband said they're fracking like crazy right now, the last two months of 2012 it slowed down but it has picked up, they hardly get any sleep, they've been rotaing the guys as quick as they can. Companies should be hiring because they are short handed, my hubby usually works 2 weeks on and one week off, but he is starting his straight fourth week due to not having enough people to handle all the wells.
This, it slowed down during election season and there's typically a slow down towards the end of the year as companies try to stay within their budgets. My husband has been extremely busy the last few weeks though as well as a lot of other people. At my husbands work they were sending office engineers out into the field they were that busy.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:50 AM

746 posts, read 1,728,910 times
If anything, in the hot spots of Williams, McKenzie, Mountrail, and Dunn Counties, there are plans to drill wells with even tighter spacing between them and at four different levels. In some of the more marginal locations, like Burke, Stark, Billings counties, there has been pullback in drilling.

Remember too that the rigs out are much more efficient than one used 2 years ago: they can drill faster and be moved faster and often times will drill 4, 6, or 8 wells at nearly the same spot.

Because of some of the road conditions in November, there has become a big backlog of wells waiting to be fracked. Even more sand / ceramics is often being used, so the fracking season come April will be intense.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:44 AM

142 posts, read 417,386 times
From the window of our home east of Watford City, we watched a rig go up in November, another in December and pads being set for two more.
My hubby is busy hauling water and the company he works for is busy hiring drivers.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:16 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Total rig count is down to 187 rigs that are active. In January of 2012, there were 214 rigs (if I remember correctly).

Old 01-22-2013, 06:26 PM

The 187 rigs in ND can probably do what 250 or so rigs did 2 years ago. For the bigger companies, some of them now have water lines and oil lines in place where they have majority of leases, so there actually may be fewer water trucks or even oil collection trucks. Sand and ceramics still have to be delivered though.

ONEOK announced last week that they will build another nat gas processing plant, Garden Creek III, near Watford City. Those construction worker on Garden Creek II or Stateline II near Williston will just move over. Supposedly, each of the five plants will have 80 workers each permanently to staff them 24/7.

It has been proected that a new nat gas plant will be needed every 8 months or so until 2020.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 PM

Montana rig counts have picked up on their part of the Bakken. Apache has leased a lot of land in the next county over from Plentywood on the Canadian border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota