Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 05:18 AM

435 posts, read 454,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealfa View Post
curious what the food is like in the Dakotas? My guess is deer or bison meat is part of the cuisine there?
Lol no, this isn't the 1800s bud.

Sure, that stuff is available but the Dakotas have the same food and conveniences (for the most part) as you can get anywhere else in the US. No one has to skin their own buffalo or ride a stagecoach to the saloon.

Glad I saw this post though because I was going to write up some detailed advice, but the fact that you're asking things like "Hey, do you guys eat Bison up there?" and "Watford City has drillings?" means you either haven't done any research into actually moving (rather than just talking about it) or you're just messing with people and wasting time.

Good luck if you actually make it up there. My company had me working out of the Williston yard for a few weeks recently, and everything is still booming in the Bakken but it's no place for tire-kickers or those who won't put in their own work to at least find out the basics about how things work in the area.

Old 06-13-2014, 11:50 PM

661 posts, read 1,248,566 times
well the reason why I brought up the food stuff was that someone advised me if I were to work in the oilfields, I should go to Louisiana or Texas as down there the weather is nice and the food is nice (cajun cuisine), so I had to find out what the cuisine is like in the Dakotas.

Any detailed advice is always welcome. I already signed off on my apartment lease stating I would vacate but if I still need to stay put for a few months, I still could doing the month to month thing. If I had a pickup truck already I would have packed and went already. I just learned how to drive a stick shift today in case I would need to buy a brand new pickup truck that is the most basic and affordable (which requires stick driving). I'm ready to go, I would just need to look up at who's hiring at the site called bismanonline, which someone told me is local to the Dakotas and has oilfield job listings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Ashbury View Post
Lol no, this isn't the 1800s bud.

Sure, that stuff is available but the Dakotas have the same food and conveniences (for the most part) as you can get anywhere else in the US. No one has to skin their own buffalo or ride a stagecoach to the saloon.

Glad I saw this post though because I was going to write up some detailed advice, but the fact that you're asking things like "Hey, do you guys eat Bison up there?" and "Watford City has drillings?" means you either haven't done any research into actually moving (rather than just talking about it) or you're just messing with people and wasting time.

Good luck if you actually make it up there. My company had me working out of the Williston yard for a few weeks recently, and everything is still booming in the Bakken but it's no place for tire-kickers or those who won't put in their own work to at least find out the basics about how things work in the area.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota