Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 03:40 PM

6 posts, read 28,266 times

Advertisements

Can anyone help me?? I have 2 days to look for a home, and I want to make sure I go to the better area homes...everything looks nice,. but will like to see the BEST of them all.....THANKS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 03:47 PM

325 posts, read 1,548,100 times
Fargo would probably be the closest, at least if your talking about the highest priced on an average cost.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:28 PM

6 posts, read 28,266 times
Thanks!!! I'm looking for good/ safe areas with nice LARGE homes...THANKS!!!

Old 11-28-2007, 05:59 PM

37 posts, read 156,289 times
Relocatingfam
I just sent you a Direct message check it out.
FB

Old 11-28-2007, 06:58 PM

180 posts, read 634,511 times
I believe Bismarck now has the most expensive homes in the state on average but yeh, if ND has a beverly hills its either one of the bays on the Missouri in Bismarck or somewhere in South Fargo (whereever the founder of Great Plains software's house is?).

Old 11-29-2007, 04:20 PM

431 posts, read 1,605,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelocatingFam View Post
Can anyone help me?? I have 2 days to look for a home, and I want to make sure I go to the better area homes...everything looks nice,. but will like to see the BEST of them all.....THANKS!!!
First off, where is your job expertise. That will help you choose your area. Between Grand Forks, Fargo, Bismarck, and Minot, each of the areas have the high price area to the low price area.

But where does your job take you? If everything is over the Internet, them maybe you could look at smaller towns such as Jamestown, Valley City, Dickinson, etc. ct

Old 11-30-2007, 10:03 AM

8 posts, read 49,921 times
Default Metigoshe

Check out some of the houses at Lake Metigoshe, they are pricey!

Old 11-30-2007, 06:30 PM

37 posts, read 156,193 times
fox island in bismarck and marina bay in mandan both on the missouri river have very nice houses. south of fox island in bismarck along the river in the trees has very nice houses. i havent been there recently but i think there are some nice houses going up north by Hawktree golf course.

in fargo check out Harwood drive down by the red river, bluemont lakes by I29 and I94. i think there are some nice houses by trollwood park north fargo but that is not a part of town i usually go through.

not sure what area you are looking for or what you are planning on paying for a house but if you are just doing window shopping check out those areas.

sutton

Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 PM

70 posts, read 406,644 times
All the major cities like Bismarck, Fargo, Grand Forks, and smaller towns like Minot and Dickinson have affluent neighborhoods with big, modern houses.

You can get a lot of house for the money in ND. Have you checked REALTOR.com - Real Estate Listings & Homes For Sale?

Old 12-01-2007, 06:31 AM

979 posts, read 3,668,281 times
I too am guessing you are looking at larger towns like Bismarck or Fargo. Bismarck has MANY new homes in South Port, Marina Bay, NW Bismarck off of West Century ave. Huge new homes built and being built that are WAY over priced (but still reasonable on a national standard). Creekside Ridge in Williston (if your looking for a smaller community) is a semi-private neighborhood with about 70 houses starting in the 250,000 to 300,000 range. They are currently devoloping this place, with their own private sreets, walking paths, park areas... you join an association when you buy your lot and house, so specials are not payed to the city...kind of like a condominuim assocation, only you own a house in the community WITHIN the community...or like a gated community WITHOUT the gate. It will be interesting to see house that place works out.
Dapple Grey in Williston is another place that has been around for a while. They are building some newer $600-800,000 homes in this area NE of Williston off of 26th and University. I see a ranch home on the market there on a Williston site asking about 700,000 for one house on the basin brokers site.Moderator cut: Link removed

Creekside Ridge - Williston's Premiere Community

Last edited by Jammie; 12-01-2007 at 08:16 AM.. Reason: specific realtor sites aren't allowed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota