Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 12:00 AM

155 posts, read 421,196 times

Advertisements

The jobs are here. There's not much hype to seperate. If you want to work there is a job for you. There is no hype about jobs.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:23 AM

360 posts, read 811,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerJoker View Post
The jobs are here. There's not much hype to seperate. If you want to work there is a job for you. There is no hype about jobs.
Do you have any factual citations of this or is this just opinion?

Old 03-30-2014, 06:31 AM

142 posts, read 417,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortwaynebandit View Post
Do you have any factual citations of this or is this just opinion?

There are articles and statistics all over the internet. Read articles from the ND newspapers, etc. This forum alone has a wealth of information. It isn't hard to find.

Old 03-30-2014, 06:57 AM

93 posts, read 169,658 times
Walk into any business in this state and see the help wanted sign. Try to shop at Walmart and get accosted by recruiters asking you if you'd like to work at the new store opening. See the help wanted ads in the newspaper. I'm not even looking for a job and I feel like I'm inundated. (And I don't even live in the oil boom patch!) How good of a job it is depends on the job and your field, so yes, people should do research before applying to something specific.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:50 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer7 View Post
Walk into any business in this state and see the help wanted sign. Try to shop at Walmart and get accosted by recruiters asking you if you'd like to work at the new store opening. See the help wanted ads in the newspaper. I'm not even looking for a job and I feel like I'm inundated. (And I don't even live in the oil boom patch!) How good of a job it is depends on the job and your field, so yes, people should do research before applying to something specific.
I was accosted in Grand Forks for a professional level job. I think Grand Forks seems a tad crazier vs. Fargo in job desperation to fill jobs.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Upnorth View Post
There are articles and statistics all over the internet. Read articles from the ND newspapers, etc. This forum alone has a wealth of information. It isn't hard to find.
Sigh…is there any point answering a question when your best answer is " Go look for yourself?" If you don't have answer, then not answering might be best. If you answer consists of anecdotes then again, that's not really an answer.

I think that I asked a clear and direct question. I also asked for hard facts and not stories (I have stories and I know that they are just my anecdotes and nothing more). Not certain why this is so difficult to understand.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer7 View Post
Unfortunately, I'm not up there. I was several years ago; but I am not now.

Rather than potentially waste thousands of dollars moving to a place where they MAY be work, I asked for solid evidence that there was indeed work to be had. This could be photos, links to ads, links to news stories which don't read like press releases from the local chambers of commerce,etc,.Anecdotes are not, unfortunately, evidence.

If I told you that the streets of my town were paved in gold and that a friend of mine made a fortune from removing and selling portions of it, you'd probably want a little more than me telling you that this is true. You'd want pictures of the gold, stories from impartial sources and perhaps a sample of said gold.

You probably wouldn't want stories about the gold.

Old 03-30-2014, 03:46 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,061,367 times
I suggest you log on to the websites for the different companies. I don't know what you expect out of people. They are NOT going to do the research for you. You know your potential and you know what you are qualified to do, so log onto jobs north dakota and start looking through the ads.

People can tell you what they see, what they hear, and it's obviously not good enough for you. Nobody is going to go scan ads in the paper for you. Take a look through the threads here in the North Dakota forum, some sites are listed.

This thread is doing nothing but pissing people off, so it is done. Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota