Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2017, 08:03 AM

13 posts, read 14,508 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I'm considering relocating to Fargo on the basis of its relative affordability, but I have a question. Is the area immediately surrounding Fargo agricultural? If so, have you noticed any crop dusting? I used to live in a little town in the California central valley, and during a lot of the year there was crop dusting essentially right across the street from homes and shopping centers. I value my health, and I really don't want to go through that again, so I would really appreciate some inside info from folks who know Fargo. Have you ever seen (or heard the buzz of) a crop duster in the area?

Many thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2017, 04:55 AM

4,818 posts, read 11,003,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto Export View Post
Hi there,

I'm considering relocating to Fargo on the basis of its relative affordability, but I have a question. Is the area immediately surrounding Fargo agricultural? If so, have you noticed any crop dusting? I used to live in a little town in the California central valley, and during a lot of the year there was crop dusting essentially right across the street from homes and shopping centers. I value my health, and I really don't want to go through that again, so I would really appreciate some inside info from folks who know Fargo. Have you ever seen (or heard the buzz of) a crop duster in the area?

Many thanks!
Fargo sets in the Red River valley which is heavily agricultural. Yes crop dusters are used in the growing season and if you live in a rural area you would likely at some point see them. But Fargo and West Fargo metro itself is quite spread out and you will not have any issues in town.

In short, I have seen crop dusters while driving on the interstate between Grand Forks and Fargo, but never seen them in either city go overhead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota