Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 12:04 AM

11 posts, read 17,056 times

Advertisements

Hi We are a party of four coming to Minot in the end of August. We plan to visit some family, but it would be nice to experience some other stuff as well. For one of the party members, it will be their first visit to the States. I'm sure Pizza Hut and KFC will entertain her for only so long. I'm looking for events fit for both the whole party (age span 26-60), and for the two younger persons of the party. Seeing how my mother is starting to get older, it would be nice if we could find some events/activities not requiring a five hour drive in one direction. As for the younger two, we are up for spending a few hours in a car and the possibility of checking in at some motel for a night or two. We aren't really "touristy" but would love to experience something other then family meetings, the inside of our apartment, and scorching heat. Some of the local stuff I put on my list (for the entire party) would be a visit to Roosevelt Park Zoo, maybe the Scandinavian heritage park, and I guess we could spend a day melting away at the pools. Sorry if this post turns out more messy then it was planned. In short, what is there to do for a) two people in their late 20's who like food, video games and music, and b) a party of four people where the age span is from 26-60. We should have a rental at our disposal. Are there any indian reserves that are open for visits (and possibly have some tour/speach) nearby, or do we need to head out on a road trip? EDIT: It seems I am not allowed to make line breaks on this forum. Sorry for the awful block of text this resulted in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 10:47 AM

576 posts, read 819,688 times
I'm not real familiar with the Minot area, you'll be a month too late for the state fair in Minot, so that is out. The International Peace Garden is nice and is about a 2 hour drive from Minot.

About 2 hours south in Bismarck is the State Historical Society museum with some great displays of the history of ND, including Native American displays. South of Mandan is Fort Lincoln and the On A Slant Indian Village.

Sorry I can't be of more help than that.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:56 AM

5,103 posts, read 8,543,352 times
Top ten things to do in Minot:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...th_Dakota.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota