Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 07:24 AM

576 posts, read 830,321 times

Advertisements

Since this sub forum is normally kind of dead, I thought I'd liven it up a little! (And no, I'm not entered into the stupid contest citydata has going on).

What are some of your favorite towns/cities in ND (any size) and why?

There are some real hidden gems in ND, so I thought I'd try to give them some PR!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 05:19 PM

840 posts, read 759,173 times
Well what are they?

Old 08-20-2017, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by october2007 View Post
Well what are they?
Haha - I was wondering the same thing! Apparently, no one has a favorite! I did not want to list mine until others had chimed in, but I will go ahead - maybe it will get the ball rolling!

Favorite Big Cities (50,000+):

1. Bismarck
2. Fargo
3. Minot

Favorite Mid Sized Cities (10,000 - 50,000):

1. Mandan
2. Jamestown
3. Dickinson

Favorite Small Cities (2,000 - 10,000)

1. Hazen
2. Beulah
3. Grafton

Favorite Towns (Under 2,000)

1. Garrison
2. Hettinger
3. Hebron

Old 08-24-2017, 09:19 AM

85 posts, read 205,957 times
Yeah, I'll bite too...

Here are mine in no particular order:

Bottineau (including Lake Metigoshe area) - neat, "compact" little town, and the area just North of there is beautiful in the Winter.

Devils Lake - it's not exactly a booming metropolis, but it's clean, welcoming, and everyone I've met there has been extra friendly.

Bismarck - Just a good, well kept up city, and the airport is nice.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attentionspanltd View Post
Yeah, I'll bite too...

Here are mine in no particular order:

Bottineau (including Lake Metigoshe area) - neat, "compact" little town, and the area just North of there is beautiful in the Winter.

Devils Lake - it's not exactly a booming metropolis, but it's clean, welcoming, and everyone I've met there has been extra friendly.

Bismarck - Just a good, well kept up city, and the airport is nice.
Agree about Bottineau - that is a very nice town!

I lived in ND for almost 40 years and never made it to Devils Lake! Maybe I will go there on my next visit.

You are right about Bismarck too... I believe it is the cleanest of ND's major cities. The only real complaint I have with Bismarck is the roads - bad condition and insufficient to handle the extra traffic that has come in since the oil boom hit several years ago. But yes, a clean city with a nice airport.

Thanks for weighing in!

Old 08-25-2017, 06:11 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
Bismarck a clean city LOL. There are large areas of Bismarck that are pretty much waiting for the bulldozer. Bismarck still thinks that very run down trailer parks are a solution to affordable housing.

Old 09-17-2017, 08:18 PM

510 posts, read 370,532 times
Fargo/Moorhead & suburbs have 1/4th of a million population, so it's the only area that feels like a real city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey59 View Post
Since this sub forum is normally kind of dead, I thought I'd liven it up a little! (And no, I'm not entered into the stupid contest citydata has going on).

There are some real hidden gems in ND, so I thought I'd try to give them some PR!

Old 09-17-2017, 08:26 PM

510 posts, read 370,532 times
F/M as I said for living, but many other cities at least have enough of interest for a day visit. And I don't know how many could feel entertained in a town of 500 for even 24 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey59 View Post

Old 09-28-2017, 01:18 PM

5,151 posts, read 4,524,286 times
Ellendale
Monango
Jud
Gackle
Streeter
Lehr

Old 09-28-2017, 06:06 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaMarshaMarcia View Post
Ellendale
Monango
Jud
Gackle
Streeter
Lehr

Lehr is damn near a ghost town these days. It seemed like the only thing open was the bank and the bar. It even looks like the elevator don't see much use anymore.

Streeter is a little busier, but the old school is a damn shame. It's really gone to hell.

I think Wishek is a little hidden gem close to Lehr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota