Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 03:46 PM

120 posts, read 313,166 times

Advertisements

When the radar base south of Minot closed there was some sort of plan to turn it into private residential housing. Did that plan ever get off the ground ? Are there people living out there now ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2011, 01:28 PM

Nobody from Minot, surounding area, knows if the old radar base complex south of town was ever developed into residential housing ?

Old 08-30-2011, 02:07 PM

4,818 posts, read 10,999,266 times
My wife's parents live south of Minot and we take Hwy 83 to Hwy 23 south of town and go by the former radar base. The homes there have been transformed to residential housing, and there is a sign up front for the name, which I cannot recall. There are single family housing along a row which you can see from the highway which are indeed occupied, but there are older more two-three unit buildings on top of the hill which I dont know are occupied. The number of residential units doesnt appear to be large...

Dan

Old 08-30-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post
My wife's parents live south of Minot and we take Hwy 83 to Hwy 23 south of town and go by the former radar base. The homes there have been transformed to residential housing, and there is a sign up front for the name, which I cannot recall. There are single family housing along a row which you can see from the highway which are indeed occupied, but there are older more two-three unit buildings on top of the hill which I dont know are occupied. The number of residential units doesnt appear to be large...

Dan
Thanks Dan

Old 09-01-2011, 09:08 AM

203 posts, read 602,363 times
Default Always wondered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaninEGF View Post

Dan
Always wondered about that place since I moved here. So some folks currently live there?

Old 09-01-2011, 10:15 AM

4,818 posts, read 10,999,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondertrev View Post
Always wondered about that place since I moved here. So some folks currently live there?
From what I can tell...yes...there is a street that runs on the lower south end of the hill which appear to mostly single family homes which are occupied. On top of the hill appears to be more duplex type units and they dont appear to be occupied. Next time I drive by I will try to be more observant.

Old 09-01-2011, 03:00 PM

203 posts, read 602,363 times
wife went up there in her gov't federale vehicle once, and noticed some areas were cordoned off with wire and fed. gov. signs. Maybe I'll ride down this weekend.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:05 PM

1 posts, read 1,293 times
i drove by the old radar base today, on my way back to Minot. i've always wanted to take a look back there. i drove to the top of the hill. the gate was wide open, and it looked like a lot of the buildings are abandoned. i did see some vehicles back there, one of which has new tags on the plate, back by the garage. there was one other car parked back there, but the buildings don't appear to be lived in. a couple of the old homes up there looked like they were boarded up, weeds everywhere. further back, i saw an old broken down truck, and a camper top, and an old trailer that looked ripped apart, and graffiti all over it. a lot of the buildings have busted glass and graffiti everywhere. i just wanted to have a look, i didn't get out of my car. i didn't stick around, as i was afraid of getting busted for being there. i was just curious, is all. i drive by the place all the time when i go out of town, and figured i'd at least have a look at some point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota