Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 08:21 AM

38 posts, read 199,428 times

Advertisements

Everybody has an opinion on this, so here's mine...

Homosexuality is wrong and I don't want my children exposed to any influences that would try to influence them that it is acceptable (because it is not acceptable). Having said that, I am quite capable of treating anyone, regardless of their sexual preference, with respect and dignity. However, don't expect me to condone their behavior. I have know gays and have been friends with them. That doesn't make their behavior/lifestyle "right". So those gays thinking about coming to ND come on ahead, but please change your lifestyle.

Kind Regards to All,

Dave Norris
<><

Old 01-24-2009, 05:20 PM

122 posts, read 573,216 times
It is pretty clear that this whole thread is just a troll post... But I can't believe the preposterous answers offered.

In no way shape or form are the typical North Dakotans tolerant of ANYTHING! What a joke? I suppose compared to Hitler or Stalin they might qualify as somewhat tolerant, but you've got to be kidding if you say there is no bias or racism. Homosexuals will get truly awful treatment up here, are you guys completely out of touch with reality?!

Heck, anyone from outside the local communities will get treated like they have the plague, no matter how straight they are! You are talking about an ultra conservative state, with some of the most uptight people in America. Whole segments of North Dakota society would make the Puritans seem like wild party people.

As someone that has known everything about this state for decades, I can tell you that many of the posts in the North Dakota forum are just plain DEAD WRONG. It makes me wonder how accurate the info is in other state's forums.
Sheesh!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:42 PM

979 posts, read 3,669,108 times
who the heck are you FOAD??? obviously NOT from North Dakota...and probably have never even stepped foot in the state. You claim to know all of us as people...our feelings, our thoughts, our intenetions...I think it is possible you are the "troll post"...you are laughable thats for sure.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:05 AM

177 posts, read 687,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davednorris View Post
Everybody has an opinion on this, so here's mine...Homosexuality is wrong. However, don't expect me to condone their behavior. That doesn't make their behavior/lifestyle "right". So those gays thinking about coming to ND come on ahead, but please change your lifestyle.

Kind Regards to All,

Dave Norris
<><
And who says it's wrong?

Homosexuals have been around since the beginning of time, good grief get used to it!

Don't expect us to condone your behavior/lifestyle either!

Good God, what if one of your children grew up to be homosexual?

Last edited by RehobothBeachDela_where; 01-26-2009 at 08:17 AM..

Old 01-26-2009, 12:07 PM

76 posts, read 203,804 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is wrong and I don't want my children exposed to any influences that would try to influence them that it is acceptable (because it is not acceptable). Having said that, I am quite capable of treating anyone, regardless of their sexual preference, with respect and dignity. However, don't expect me to condone their behavior. I have know gays and have been friends with them. That doesn't make their behavior/lifestyle "right". So those gays thinking about coming to ND come on ahead, but please change your lifestyle.
You have absolutely no right to ask someone to change thier lifestyle as a prerequisite to moving to ND. You're only teaching your children bigotry and fear.
I second the question of the poster before me, what will you do if one of your children turns out to be gay?

Old 01-30-2009, 05:30 AM

38 posts, read 199,428 times
Hi RehobothBeachDela_where,

"And who says it's wrong?" I didn't establish "right" and "wrong" God did. So I guess you could say God says it's wrong.

"Homosexuals have been around since the beginning of time, good grief get used to it!" I understand Homosexuality has been around a long time. I guess I am used to it, but that still doesn't make it right. SOunds like my high schooler trying to convince me give permission for something by using the age old line "But everyone is doing it" Same point - Just because a lot of people are doing something or it is popular does not make it right. Theft has been around a long time- doesn't make it right. Assault has been around a long time - doesn't make it right. Hatered has been around a long time- doesn't make it right. I think that the "It's been around a long time so accept it" argument is not the best argument to use.

"Don't expect us to condone your behavior/lifestyle either!" Sounds like you are just lashing out at me here. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I was just expressing my opinion on the subject. Am I not allowed to do that anymore? Or am I only allowed if it agrees with your opinion?

"Good God, what if one of your children grew up to be homosexual?"
Wow, how ironic of a statement. Well, I suppose if one of my children grew up to be homosexual, the first thing is that I would wonder - at what point did they become homosexual, seeing as they grew up to be one and not born one. But I know that's not what you were talking about.
Of course I would still love them, and they will always be my children no matter what their behavior. I would try to reinforce in them that their choices to live a homosexual lifestyle are wrong. Just because they are my children, I can't condone their wrong behavior. If they rob a bank they still have to go to jail.

Have more to say, but gotta go to work now.

Dave N.
<><

Old 01-30-2009, 10:45 AM

137 posts, read 424,426 times

Old 01-31-2009, 06:32 AM

Location: New York moving to Fargo, the New York of North Dakota.
2 posts, read 4,466 times
What behavior would you call gay? Please be more specific. I may agree, or then I may not. It's a hugely varied term. Stated vagueky, it means prejudiced or closed-minded, but I doubt you mean it that way. -Nelson Richardson

Old 01-31-2009, 02:39 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,240,810 times
Quote:
Hi RehobothBeachDela_where,

"And who says it's wrong?" I didn't establish "right" and "wrong" God did. So I guess you could say God says it's wrong.

"Homosexuals have been around since the beginning of time, good grief get used to it!" I understand Homosexuality has been around a long time. I guess I am used to it, but that still doesn't make it right. SOunds like my high schooler trying to convince me give permission for something by using the age old line "But everyone is doing it" Same point - Just because a lot of people are doing something or it is popular does not make it right. Theft has been around a long time- doesn't make it right. Assault has been around a long time - doesn't make it right. Hatered has been around a long time- doesn't make it right. I think that the "It's been around a long time so accept it" argument is not the best argument to use.

"Don't expect us to condone your behavior/lifestyle either!" Sounds like you are just lashing out at me here. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I was just expressing my opinion on the subject. Am I not allowed to do that anymore? Or am I only allowed if it agrees with your opinion?

"Good God, what if one of your children grew up to be homosexual?"
Wow, how ironic of a statement. Well, I suppose if one of my children grew up to be homosexual, the first thing is that I would wonder - at what point did they become homosexual, seeing as they grew up to be one and not born one. But I know that's not what you were talking about.
Of course I would still love them, and they will always be my children no matter what their behavior. I would try to reinforce in them that their choices to live a homosexual lifestyle are wrong. Just because they are my children, I can't condone their wrong behavior. If they rob a bank they still have to go to jail.

Have more to say, but gotta go to work now.

Dave N.
<><
Why don't you stop hiding behind god's skirt? If you have a phobia about homosexuality just man up and admit it. Self righteous, sanctimonious bible thumpers always use the bible or koran or some other "holy book" as a pretext for their venom. I think bible thumpers and koran thumpers and all the other ignorant and fearful religionists are a force for ignorance and hatred in society but I wouldn't try and stop them from peddling their stupidity or try to tell them where they could live. It's their life.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:06 PM

464 posts, read 1,355,630 times
Quote:
Everybody has an opinion on this, so here's mine...

Kind Regards to All,

Dave Norris
<><
crimeny, this is year 2009, not 1960! Quit living in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota