Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 10,688 times

Advertisements

hi my husband and i are moving to Bismarck, ND within a month..Im originally from Ukraine and we'd like to meet people who came from the same apart of the Earth as I did (my hubby is American). One of the biggest reasons that m husband and I are russian Orthodox and we would love to make friends with people who have the same believes as we do. Of course personally I also would love to have couple friends speaking my native language so.. does anybody know where we could meet russian, ukrainian people? or maybe somebody knows them personally? i would appreciate any kind of info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2008, 05:49 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,153,576 times
I found Holy Trinity Ukrainian Orthodox church in Wilton North Dakota, 24 miles north of Bismarck. Wilton website says the church is closed most of the year, but a pastor comes down from Minot once a month in the summer to conduct services. I would think that contacting the town or church, someone would be able to put you in touch with other Ukrainians in the area.

Old 09-28-2008, 02:31 PM

394 posts, read 1,169,356 times
Fargo is generally the most ethnically diverse.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:39 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,153,576 times
salted_moon.... you're quite welcome for the help. Not a problem.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:47 AM

8 posts, read 41,465 times
With any luck, I will be there soon!

Father was Russian, mother was Ukrainian!

I'm the whitest white man on the planet!

Ruger

Old 10-11-2008, 09:55 PM

37 posts, read 110,136 times
In Dickinson we have the Ukrainian Cultural Institute which has a small museum and offers historical enrichment activities. They also have a Ukrainian Festival in Dickinson during the summer. From what I have been told most of the Ukrainians in my area live closer to Belfield about 15 minutes east of Medora. I do know there is a Ukrainian church on highway 85 up past Belfield. Hope this has been helpful. Dickinson is about 100 miles west of Bismarck.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:21 PM

3 posts, read 20,322 times
hi um from ukraine,my husbie is american too,um from wyoming e-mail [email]ieckley@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 02-02-2009, 08:17 PM

108 posts, read 439,585 times
I know a guy who was born in Ukraine, but he moved here with his family when he was very young. Once when I called his house his mom answered and her English was not very good, so I am sure they could converse about the "old country" with you.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:10 AM

325 posts, read 1,548,567 times
My dad was born in the Ukraine, near Odessa, as were many of the Germans from Russia that moved to the USA(North Dakota) in the early 1900's. My grandfather migrated to the USA via Regina, Sas., Canada. That whole generation is about gone now....( My mom's receipe's were kind of a mixture of Russian/German intertwined. Recently, my brother visited the Ukraine area where my father(ancestors) were born and was surprised that much there hadn't changed in 100 years.

I know this probably dosn't answer your original post, but thought I would just throw that out there..

Old 02-15-2009, 08:32 PM

488 posts, read 1,024,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salted_moon View Post
hi my husband and i are moving to Bismarck, ND within a month..Im originally from Ukraine and we'd like to meet people who came from the same apart of the Earth as I did (my hubby is American). One of the biggest reasons that m husband and I are russian Orthodox and we would love to make friends with people who have the same believes as we do. Of course personally I also would love to have couple friends speaking my native language so.. does anybody know where we could meet russian, ukrainian people? or maybe somebody knows them personally? i would appreciate any kind of info
i would look in russia or italy!i dont know anyone around here like that!a lot of nice americans here!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota