Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2007, 06:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,257 times

Advertisements

can anyone tell me what the temps are in june or july in Minot ? I know it is cooler there than here in Alabama.I hear people say up north that it has no humitidy or not much.I plan on taking my family of 5 to Minot this summer. My 3 children are 6 months old, 2 years ,and 12 yrs old.I was just wondering how to dress them at night?Does it get cool at night ?My kids hate the heat .I know that is funny being born and raised in Alabama.They can't stand anything over 68 degrees.Needless to say they stay indoors the whole summer down here.I thought i would take them somewhere different to see.
Any thoughts will help.
Thanks,
from Decatur ,Alabama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 06:03 PM

158 posts, read 1,084,618 times
Minot has highs from the 70-80's in June and 80-90's July. Lows in the 50-60's in June and July. FYI, it is a little boring in Minot though.

Old 02-26-2007, 06:10 PM

673 posts, read 4,069,712 times
North Dakota summers arent hot in my opinion, about a week of heat it seems like in the 90s but that isnt very typical.

It seems like the typical summer day in North Dakota is about 80 degrees during the day and around 60 at night. Humidity wasnt bad, I thought the summers in North Dakota were fairly nice, with the exeption of a week of heat. One summer I was there it got very hot close to 100 degrees one day but it seemed like it just lasted for a few days until the next cool snap cooled down to the 70s for highs.

I know the August I got into North Dakota though, August 15th or so it dropped to about 40 degrees and very chilly. They can some fairly chilly days up there in the summer-time.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:12 PM

322 posts, read 1,234,627 times
Default ND has SUMMER??

ND is VERY touch and go!! 8 months of winter (minus 20-60 degrees below 0 temps) and doesn't warm up until about June. Summers here are tricky. You NEVER know what to expect. You can have 1 day of 80 degree temps (there IS humidity so it's not a dry heat...have a shower, then have to get back in because you're sweating again), but the next day it could only reach 50 degrees. Sometimes we will have a summer where temps won't reach above 60 degrees for the whole year. Last year we had a couple of weeks of really hot and humid weather, but this summer could be totally different. End of August usually starts getting cold again (20-50 degrees). Again, it's tricky to pin point our summers. The average is a cool summer (well, cold) with a couple weeks of hot. One extreme to the next. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota