Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 09:44 PM

87 posts, read 401,137 times

Advertisements

I am a ND native and wondering why the ND forum is one of the least viewed. SD has triple our views, yet only 100k more people. Maybe that is a good thing? What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 11:10 PM

268 posts, read 1,614,264 times
We're also the least-visited state. Go figure.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:17 AM

9 posts, read 27,657 times
I kind of like it like that...keeps out all the riff-raff and people who come here to suck our assistance programs dry.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:22 PM

979 posts, read 3,669,286 times
Even Wyoming has many more viewers and posters...they are smaller in population by 100,000+...to be honest, I think most of the people in ND just have better things to do with their time ....lol

Last edited by Roloff1976; 02-25-2009 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 02-25-2009, 03:21 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,935 times
Cheer up, I think Washington DC is a little worse off than you guys

Old 02-25-2009, 08:13 PM

177 posts, read 687,173 times
Well I come here just to see what ND people are up to and how they think and what they say, never been to ND either!

I was thinking of taking a vacation up there this summer just to see what the place is like & visit some ghost towns.

I really envy you guys up there with your low crime, small town ethics, people helping people attitude, wholesomeness conservative values etc. From what I have read on here anyway.

Being originally from Northern Virginia area near DC my whole life then migrating to DE a few years ago, we just don't have any of that here or there!

The ONLY thing I don't envy is the COLD up there. I watch the Weather Channel and just absolutely cringe at even the thought of below 0 you guys deal with or even a 20 below wind chills.

I admit it, I wouldn't last 5 minutes up there in the winter time!

So what if it's the least visited state or gets the lowest hits, just be thankful for what you guys up there have!

Last edited by RehobothBeachDela_where; 02-25-2009 at 08:30 PM..

Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 PM

405 posts, read 1,335,291 times
MAybe its because ND is such an easy state to live in. Moving here you wouldnt generally work about the cost of things such a housing or groceries (compared to other states). The only thing to be conerned about is the cold..and if you're a North Dakotan, you can take on the world!!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:30 AM

43 posts, read 197,631 times
Because most of North Dakota still doesn't have indoor plumbing, let alone electricity, phone lines, cable, or computers.

I'm sending this message by a bicycle-powered generator which puts out smoke signals and my friend in Moorhead is the one typing and posting.

This sentence took us an hour to transmit.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:56 PM

160 posts, read 1,162,052 times
Guess I spend too much time clicking my remote on my kerosene TV....

Old 03-02-2009, 05:23 PM

9 posts, read 70,862 times
Default Best time to visit North Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by RehobothBeachDela_where View Post
Well I come here just to see what ND people are up to and how they think and what they say, never been to ND either!

I was thinking of taking a vacation up there this summer just to see what the place is like & visit some ghost towns.

I really envy you guys up there with your low crime, small town ethics, people helping people attitude, wholesomeness conservative values etc. From what I have read on here anyway.

Being originally from Northern Virginia area near DC my whole life then migrating to DE a few years ago, we just don't have any of that here or there!

The ONLY thing I don't envy is the COLD up there. I watch the Weather Channel and just absolutely cringe at even the thought of below 0 you guys deal with or even a 20 below wind chills.

I admit it, I wouldn't last 5 minutes up there in the winter time!

So what if it's the least visited state or gets the lowest hits, just be thankful for what you guys up there have!
Do not come visit ND in January or February.
Best time to visit is Memorial Day-Labor Day.
We have a lot of area, so you will need to plan to drive, not just fly into Fargo. Though you could do worse than to spend a week in Fargo. LD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota