Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 04:09 AM

17 posts, read 60,692 times

Advertisements

Hi im going in for an interview for the US Bank Service center and I have a couple questions.

Firstly, I have a couple of traffic violations and I know they will come up on background check. Do I divulge this information in the interview or no? I know its better to be honest and open up front but sometimes it can be damning. I dont have felonies so shouldn't bother right?

Secondly, I have bad credit and im not sure if they look at this stuff. The last few jobs im sure said no after the "conditional" period because of this. It's hard to fix credit without a job ya know.

I'm thinking of simply stating I have had traffic violations (who hasn't) and have struggled with fixing poor credit I racked up at an early age. Yes, no?
Does anyone work for them or been through this? I'd appreciate how in depth they go as far as this kind of stuff. Thanks in advanced.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2010, 12:15 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,901,019 times
I've always made it a practice to NOT divulge anything except what they ask for.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:48 PM

246 posts, read 1,003,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter View Post
i've always made it a practice to not divulge anything except what they ask for.
+1

Old 02-09-2010, 02:34 PM

Thanks guys. I didn't mention anything. She brought up the background check doesn't include credit check so that was nice. We will see what happens.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:39 PM

82 posts, read 257,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoNative View Post
Hi im going in for an interview for the US Bank Service center and I have a couple questions.

Firstly, I have a couple of traffic violations and I know they will come up on background check. Do I divulge this information in the interview or no? I know its better to be honest and open up front but sometimes it can be damning. I dont have felonies so shouldn't bother right?

Secondly, I have bad credit and im not sure if they look at this stuff. The last few jobs im sure said no after the "conditional" period because of this. It's hard to fix credit without a job ya know.

I'm thinking of simply stating I have had traffic violations (who hasn't) and have struggled with fixing poor credit I racked up at an early age. Yes, no?
Does anyone work for them or been through this? I'd appreciate how in depth they go as far as this kind of stuff. Thanks in advanced.

I have an acquaintance who used to work there. The primary reason for the background check is for past fraud/theft violations. If hired, you'll be given access to the caller's account and social security numbers. Basically, they're attempting to ward off fraud by eliminating past offenders. You'll be fine.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:02 PM

77 posts, read 304,542 times
a few of my old friends worked there, i know for a fact at least one of them had a DUI, and lousy credit. they wouldn't care about your driving record unless you'd be driving a company vehicle, and thus you would need to be insurable. for an entry-level job at a call center, there's no way they'd ever care about your credit, they would never waste the money to run the credit check.

Old 02-14-2010, 07:41 AM

Thanks Whoopsie. I guess it's just a wait and see thing. Hopefully not too long. I'm sure it's not a big deal. It seems like a nice relaxed atmosphere there so im excited for that. So far my favorite thing is you can wear jeans! Now I have to possibly figure out where on that side of town to move. Hmm

Old 02-14-2010, 11:41 AM

51 posts, read 87,573 times
Good luck on getting the job!

Old 02-22-2010, 12:19 AM

182 posts, read 510,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoNative View Post
So far my favorite thing is you can wear jeans!
this always fascinates me...dress pants are more comfortable to me, i'd rather wear dress pants or khakis at least. random side note lol.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdplaya View Post
this always fascinates me...dress pants are more comfortable to me, i'd rather wear dress pants or khakis at least. random side note lol.

Lol ya im one of those 7 days a week jeans kind of person, and I did get the job So thank everyone you answered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
View detailed profiles of: