Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2010, 01:53 PM

21 posts, read 47,991 times

Advertisements

Hi,Both my wife and i are retired,and i have had a deep interest in North Dakota!! we both like winters!! I have one question to ask,if i may,If we made the decision to relocate to N.D. where would be best place to look to rent? not interested in buying,at least not buying under the present circumstances with the economy!! somewhere in meduim range of rent,preferable small town,any info,would be deeply appreciated!! Thanks to all!! B.T.W. We presently live in Tenn. and I am a Pastor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2010, 09:55 PM

350 posts, read 570,486 times
What towns in ND were you looking at? Rent prices can really vary from town to town, so it would be great if you could provide a list of places you've been considering. The more info the better!

Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 AM

246 posts, read 1,007,381 times
For a smaller town feel, I liked Dickinson. It seems to still have the amenities you may come to expect, but have that small town feel too. Jamestown also gives me that impression.

Renting a place may be easier the further away you get from the oil area.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:45 AM

Default thinking about moving

Hi ,thanks to the replys!! i will be going over some places,and then posting them soon.

Old 03-01-2010, 01:44 PM

431 posts, read 1,606,511 times
Another option to think about is some of these small towns need a pastor. if you are willing to pastor part time for a small pay, you may find a church with a parsonage. I know Mohall has a parsonage but i'm not sure if there is currently a pastor or not. We go through them a lot since the weather scares a lot of people. Either way, this may be a option for you.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:51 PM

Smile thinking about retiring

Hey Thanks for the info on Mohall!!! just having the parsonage would be worth so much!!! In all my yrs pastoring,ive never asked for any pay,if the church wanted to give me some,that was ok,if it didn't hurt the church treasure,but i never asked for any,so again,many thanks!! i will be talking to my wife!!!!!! God Bless to all!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Dakota