Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 11:25 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintblaster View Post
Authority Figures?

Let me relate a quick story...

Two years ago my friend's 17 yr old daughter got involved with the wrong element. She hooked with an area lowlife, POS, drug dealer. Over the course of 6 months she went from a great young girl, great student, to a crack-addicted (fill in the blank) that abandoned all contact with her family. My buddy and his wife were at wit's end..

He talked to the local cops - they could do nothing - not even bust his butt to jail for dealing drugs (even though it was comMon knowledge around the small town that the boyfriend's house was the crack house). Calls to the district attorney's office yielded nothing, calls to the Pa State Police , Nada.

His wife called Luzerne County Children & Youth. Since the daughter was attending school (just enough to avoid FT truancy), they were unwilling to assist or get involved - and the one FOOL at that agency had the nerve to question the parent's parenting skills !!!

That was the end of my friend's rope!!!

He paid a visit to the crack house, knocked on the door and the pos low-life answered the door and gave a wiseguy response to the inquiry of his daughter's whereabouts.

Wrong answer - my buddy polished the floor with the low-life, and presented him a HD CLose-UP View of a barrel of a Smith & Wesson Revolver and a promise that if his daughter was not at his home by nightfall then real trouble would return that night.

How do I know this?

I drove my friend to the crackhouse.

Two days later, my friend's daughter was entered into rehab, has been clean since, and is now in college maintaining high grades.

The pos low-life crack dealer is an inmate at Chase State Prison after being caught and convicted of armed robbery.

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do - especially when it comes to protecting kids.

Authorities???

Puhlease - spare me.

Country Justice prevailed, a much better scenario that have his daughter further involved in the system full of PHD desk jockeys who do a great job of spreading "victimhood" around,, and profiting nicely from it.

The John Wayne polish on the story notwithstanding, your story really doesn't have a whit to do with what I was talking about.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:29 AM

996 posts, read 1,056,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Yes because your one story of one girl is representative of all of rural America.
No, because I place more faith in dealing with problems head-on -vs- involving bureaucratic bobbleheads, who in the end would provide more assistance to the perp because he/she could never overcome their terrible childhood.

No wonder the cities are so MESSED UP....

TOO MANY VICTIMS dependent on the SYSTEM...

Old 01-15-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
No, because I place more faith in dealing with problems head-on -vs- involving bureaucratic bobbleheads, who in the end would provide more assistance to the perp because he/she could never overcome their terrible childhood.

Good for you John.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:

Also, you might want to re-read my reply. I edited it.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Also, you might want to re-read my reply. I edited it.
you need to edit it again...

because:

John Wayne was a draft dodger Hollywood War Hero.

Clint Eastwood stuck guns in people's faces (quite effectively i might add).

Try using Clint....

Old 01-15-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
your story really doesn't have a whit to do with what I was talking about.
oh contraire Magritte - it has everything to do with what you were talking about - relying on govt agencies(a.k.a authorities) to save your soul....

Old 01-15-2011, 01:27 PM

224 posts, read 228,352 times
Quote:
The John Wayne polish on the story notwithstanding, your story really doesn't have a whit to do with what I was talking about.
John Wayne...real name was Marion Robert Morrison...he got a 'pass' from the Military cuz he knocked out 5 or more kids (not unlike the lowlife element we are discussing,) but at least he was legally married, and able to support them without Section 8 and other Welfare 'bennies'

When I was 18- ish, I had long hair, played in a band...the girl I was dating at the time...her father totally hated me...used to call me 'it'.
He was an 8th Army Airforce Vet who took a big ol' chunk of hot shapnel over Germany on a bombing raid...he walked with a limp for the rest of his life...

He ran a rather large successful Co. and had a giant Poster of John Wayne on his wall...go figger...
His hero.... a guy who never saw a uniform let alone Combat..
I visited him in the hospital (heart attack at 50ish) when I came back from basic training in my uniform, before overseas deployment... he didnt recognize me, and he said to my ex - girlfriend...'Now, this is the kinda guy I would like to see you marry!'

the way I look at it, his service record notwithstanding, he was a Bigoted, narrow minded, a$$wipe who judged by outward appearances and at the time, I could give a fig he he lived or died becuz I felt at the time he was 'breathing my air'.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:23 PM

"Cousin It" from the Adams Family??

That show was a trip !!!

Old 01-15-2011, 03:50 PM

224 posts, read 228,352 times
Quote:
"Cousin It" from the Adams Family??

That show was a trip !!!
maybe, i dunno, I didn't watch TV after the Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan til 1976...I think the first Network show I saw was M.A.S.H or Bob Newhart...that made me stop watching the 'Boob' 'til MTV came on ...

Back to your originally query...

No, actually, he called me 'It' cuz he hated my look, politics,and the fact that he surmised I was 'boinkin' his daughter.

Smoke if you gottum

Old 01-15-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
oh contraire Magritte - it has everything to do with what you were talking about - relying on govt agencies(a.k.a authorities) to save your soul....
Yeah. So not what I was talking about. Try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania