Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 06:06 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,951,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
My wife feels the same way about her B/D!

I go for an interview Monday. I don't want to say too much right now - I don't know how it is going to work out?

Have a good trip to Philadelphia! How long are you going to extend your B/D celebrations (the whole month)?
Good luck and prayers sent your way this am! I soooooooooooo wish I could squeeze out the whole month but hubby finally put his foot down yesterday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 06:07 AM

Quote:
I am a 30 year retired Teamster truck driver. But; I help make flu vaccine seasonally. In the past I worked for a chemical company, carpentry, plumbing, electrical helper, owned a lawnmower repair shop - so I have been around.

I don't have any physical problems - just Bloomin does after her hip surgery.

Thanks for asking!
MY comments for this one would result in an infraction!

Old 08-26-2013, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
oh, I know what the problem is. A few weeks ago, the metal platform thing that hold the seat up off the battery broke. (It's an old mower.)

Took the seat off and of course disconnected the safety cord/switch thing. Now I can't get the stupid thing connected again. It's a little rectangle gizmo that's supposed to fit into a slightly bigger rectangle thing a ma bob.
I just can't get it all the way in.
Dagnamit...can't saying anything about this post without getting to trouble either! Sheesh!

Old 08-26-2013, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Sometimes a little grease or oil will help get those tight plastic parts into tight holes. Do you have a metal scrap yard close by? Sometimes you can find seats and miscellaneous parts at our savage yards. There they usually sell the parts for a fraction of what you would pay new. In Stroudsburg there is one and they do have some outdoor equipment set aside for people that need parts. I would think that the S/WB areas would have better pickings?

Good luck with your safety switch - they can drive you nuts.
Ok now I am just channeling my father!

Old 08-26-2013, 06:21 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
Good luck and prayers sent your way this am! I soooooooooooo wish I could squeeze out the whole month but hubby finally put his foot down yesterday!
Thanks! But remember; I'm retired so I don't really know if I should celebrate one way or another?

What's this? B/D finally over? You can try again next week!

What is all of this no comment thing? Do we have to move this thread to politics and controversies? Just kidding! Have a great day!

Old 08-26-2013, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Thanks! But remember; I'm retired so I don't really know if I should celebrate one way or another?

What's this? B/D finally over? You can try again next week!

What is all of this no comment thing? Do we have to move this thread to politics and controversies? Just kidding! Have a great day!
You too Mr. fisheye! Cracking up on my front porch, I must look even more unique than usual, lol! Well...I hope it works out in whatever way is best for you and the Mrs.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:56 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
You too Mr. fisheye! Cracking up on my front porch, I must look even more unique than usual, lol! Well...I hope it works out in whatever way is best for you and the Mrs.
It went pretty good today. I will not know until they finish all the interviews - but I feel good (regardless of the outcome). I keep flipping a coin - to retire or to work? If the stock market was doing better; the choice would be easier!

Old 08-28-2013, 04:47 AM

Quote:
It went pretty good today. I will not know until they finish all the interviews - but I feel good (regardless of the outcome). I keep flipping a coin - to retire or to work? If the stock market was doing better; the choice would be easier!
Please make sure you let us know when you get the word. Have a great day!

Old 09-08-2013, 06:06 AM

If anyone is interested, my anniversary announcement is printed in today's TT. See if you can find me! LOl

Old 09-08-2013, 06:48 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Quote:
If anyone is interested, my anniversary announcement is printed in today's TT. See if you can find me! LOl
Too easy!! Not you, the picture. Congarats to you and the hubs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania