Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2013, 10:14 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,953,372 times

Advertisements

Yes, I hear you loud and clear! lol. I have another vehicle and hubby is on the van for work so we are just going to sit back awhile and wait on a new car. I had a little less than a year to payoff the one I just wrecked. Oh well...things are always replaceable, people never are!

Glad to hear that you got your transportation situation all worked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 11:20 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
Yes, I hear you loud and clear! lol. I have another vehicle and hubby is on the van for work so we are just going to sit back awhile and wait on a new car. I had a little less than a year to payoff the one I just wrecked. Oh well...things are always replaceable, people never are!

Glad to hear that you got your transportation situation all worked out.
I put a down payment on a used Silverado today. Hopefully I made the right decision. I'll pick it up on Wednesday.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. You said that you were banged up - are you and your passengers OK? Vehicles can be replaced - humans cannot.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:14 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times
fish, I didn't want to high-jack the Bocce Court thread.

As for taking up video games, I have. It was soooo long ago. There was a time when the arcade got quite a few of my quarters - "drop in the quarter; look at the starting screen; watched the game end." I never could get the hang of it and my game ended before I had figured out what I was supposed to do.

My youngest was injured in a hockey game and was hospitalized. His brother bought him a Nintendo Game Boy and when he was recovered, the device was gathering dust so I decided to try it. (No quarters to lose!!)

I became a champ at Space Invaders, and Son and I used to leave notes for one another on the coffee table. You know, the sarcastic kind. Then came Tetris; then Tetris II. I wore out two Game Boys.

After I got involved in the theater, I no longer had time for the games. Kind of lost interest after that and the violent ones don't attract me. My interests now tend to word games. But a youngster like yourself should enjoy Bocce, or Lawn Bowling, or Petanque.

Old 09-17-2013, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I put a down payment on a used Silverado today. Hopefully I made the right decision. I'll pick it up on Wednesday.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. You said that you were banged up - are you and your passengers OK? Vehicles can be replaced - humans cannot.
Happy Motoring in your new Silverado! You are a smart man and I am sure you made a wise decision. How is the new job going this week?

I (the driver) and my navigator friend got the worst of it being in the front seats. I am bumped and bruised, if my friend is still hurting today I am taking him to see a doctor. My rear passengers are totally fine. My hubby's 09 Cobalt took the crash amazingly!!! The car did exactly what it should do, kept us all from getting seriously injured. I hydroplaned going through the gap. No worries.

have a great day!

Old 09-17-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
fish, I didn't want to high-jack the Bocce Court thread.

As for taking up video games, I have. It was soooo long ago. There was a time when the arcade got quite a few of my quarters - "drop in the quarter; look at the starting screen; watched the game end." I never could get the hang of it and my game ended before I had figured out what I was supposed to do.

My youngest was injured in a hockey game and was hospitalized. His brother bought him a Nintendo Game Boy and when he was recovered, the device was gathering dust so I decided to try it. (No quarters to lose!!)

I became a champ at Space Invaders, and Son and I used to leave notes for one another on the coffee table. You know, the sarcastic kind. Then came Tetris; then Tetris II. I wore out two Game Boys.

After I got involved in the theater, I no longer had time for the games. Kind of lost interest after that and the violent ones don't attract me. My interests now tend to word games. But a youngster like yourself should enjoy Bocce, or Lawn Bowling, or Petanque.
Theater,

If I have time for anything, besides work, I would head to the old fishing hole (I still have another good un-dilated eye)!

I also liked the old Space Invaders. I never got into Tetris. My wife loves all of the 'hide & seek' games - she has a collection of hundreds. She isn't into the violent games. I, on the other hand, like mainly the first person shooter. It might be because I my ears are bad and I cannot spend the time on the shooting range like I used to. I also like to see what our young are exposed to - it's research! It's too bad that you don't like violent games - you could try Skyrim on one of the newer computers. The graphics have come a very long ways since the old Space Invaders. Skyrim is a classic; where you start off trying to stay alive, then saving the world, and eventually you could become evil. But you make the call and the game last forever. It is a vast fantasy world and on sale for half of the original price.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Happy Motoring in your new Silverado! You are a smart man and I am sure you made a wise decision. How is the new job going this week?

I (the driver) and my navigator friend got the worst of it being in the front seats. I am bumped and bruised, if my friend is still hurting today I am taking him to see a doctor. My rear passengers are totally fine. My hubby's 09 Cobalt took the crash amazingly!!! The car did exactly what it should do, kept us all from getting seriously injured. I hydroplaned going through the gap. No worries.

have a great day!
Bloomin,

I am still in training and still have not seen the inside of my new home - one of these days.

I am sorry you got bruised - I hope your passenger is OK. You have to keep tires on with good tread when the roads are wet. Even with good treads; hydroplaning is still an issue in wet heavy snow (for the lighter vehicles).

Did your airbags deploy? My wife has always worried about being in a vehicle when the airbag deploys. I am curious if that contributed to your bruises?

Yes; check up on your friends and make sure they are fine. Glad that you are OK!

Old 09-18-2013, 05:58 AM

he
Quote:
Bloomin,

I am still in training and still have not seen the inside of my new home - one of these days.

I am sorry you got bruised - I hope your passenger is OK. You have to keep tires on with good tread when the roads are wet. Even with good treads; hydroplaning is still an issue in wet heavy snow (for the lighter vehicles).

Did your airbags deploy? My wife has always worried about being in a vehicle when the airbag deploys. I am curious if that contributed to your bruises?

Yes; check up on your friends and make sure they are fine. Glad that you are OK!
Well...I hope your new home is a least nice. Maybe they gave you a promotion just because you are so good! I will in our company!!!
Your wife should not worry, the airbag did lead to some of my bruising (the seatbelt too) but it also kept me from smacking my head on the steering wheel with the final impact against the cement embankment! The passenger airbag went straight up when it was deployed and cracked the windshield in two places. I guess the trooper wanted to verify we were wearing our seatbelts and telling the truth about who was driving because he checked my head and that of my friend for injuries. Without the airbags and seatbelts...I am not sure if we would have walked away.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
he

Well...I hope your new home is a least nice. Maybe they gave you a promotion just because you are so good! I will in our company!!!
Your wife should not worry, the airbag did lead to some of my bruising (the seatbelt too) but it also kept me from smacking my head on the steering wheel with the final impact against the cement embankment! The passenger airbag went straight up when it was deployed and cracked the windshield in two places. I guess the trooper wanted to verify we were wearing our seatbelts and telling the truth about who was driving because he checked my head and that of my friend for injuries. Without the airbags and seatbelts...I am not sure if we would have walked away.
It sounds scary! Glad that it was only bruises. Glad your air bags and seat belts worked! I presume you are now grounded until you score a new vehicle? Let me know how you make out with the insurance and finding new wheels. Where your friends OK today?

I picked up our "new" (used) pickup today. Now all I have to do is get a plow mounted - that might take a few weeks. The truck is red - not a fan of red vehicles. But it has a long work bed and the power that I wanted in a work truck. Eventually I might get one more truck to replace my aging Frontier. But; my wife will get her new car first.

By the way, if there is anybody that needs a job in my area; now is a good time to check with our Tannersville Manpower. The flu program is how you can get a foothold in my local pharmaceutical campus. The job would start at about $13 to $15/hr. It isn't an easy job and you cannot be squeamish - but it helps pay the bills.

My new job is very complicated and it is going to take a long time to master. Tonight could be my first day on the actual production floor. But it could take one year or more to get fully qualified - I have a lot to learn.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:07 AM

Quote:
It sounds scary! Glad that it was only bruises. Glad your air bags and seat belts worked! I presume you are now grounded until you score a new vehicle? Let me know how you make out with the insurance and finding new wheels. Where your friends OK today?

I picked up our "new" (used) pickup today. Now all I have to do is get a plow mounted - that might take a few weeks. The truck is red - not a fan of red vehicles. But it has a long work bed and the power that I wanted in a work truck. Eventually I might get one more truck to replace my aging Frontier. But; my wife will get her new car first.

By the way, if there is anybody that needs a job in my area; now is a good time to check with our Tannersville Manpower. The flu program is how you can get a foothold in my local pharmaceutical campus. The job would start at about $13 to $15/hr. It isn't an easy job and you cannot be squeamish - but it helps pay the bills.

My new job is very complicated and it is going to take a long time to master. Tonight could be my first day on the actual production floor. But it could take one year or more to get fully qualified - I have a lot to learn.
I will be sure to let you know how everything shakes out! The back passengers were fine at the scene my navigator decided not to get checked out and is bruised and creaky like me. Yes, I am grounded and not allowed to leave the area EVER without the hubster unless it is by bus, train or airplane!

I am very happy to hear about your new to you truck. I understand about the color thing, you would prefer a more "manly" color!? LOL Of course wife gets her new car before you get another new to you one! As it should be, tehetehtehe.

Thanks for PSA I know many in our area have a real hard time finding jobs. I am sure you will master all your new position entails. Have a great day and I hope you got some good sleep.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:31 PM

30,524 posts, read 16,217,604 times
hey, don't worry about the color-in a couple of yrs, it'll be a rusty orange anyway.

Glad nobody was seriously hurt!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania