Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2015, 08:13 AM

2,481 posts, read 2,233,156 times

Advertisements

This weather makes me want to dress up like Marilyn Monroe and do that number from 'No Business Like Show Business' (?)
'We're having a heat waaaaaave...a tropical heat waaaave...'

Man she was sure some hot Tamale in that costume....mucho Caliente

I'm guessing that's what got those skirt -chashin' Kennedy Boyz all 'heted' up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 09:24 AM

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...
Be safe.
Leaving for my place in Puerto Rico on the 26th from EWR at 8 pm..arriving in PR at midnight..

20 minute ride to my place...unpack, unwind, and have my toes in the warm sand at Sunrise with an egg sandwich, half a papaya, and a big cup of Pico Cafe con leche.

Hey Greg...if you are posting on this site, please shoot me a DM...we have to plan some mischief..you 'crazy, stoned out, early morning Pimp.'

Old 12-24-2015, 06:04 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Merry Christmas mr.magoo! I certainly wouldn't mind spending the holidays on an island wearing summer clothes...and eating an egg sandwich.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Old 12-25-2015, 07:52 AM

Gracias Ms. G...Right back at you...

It is 64 degrees this Christmas morn..not really a stretch to Rincon, Puerto Rico...but Trenton NJ is different to PR in the fact that the peeps here don't make love all night to the sound of Bongo drums like they do over there..

Annual Washington Crossing the Delaware reenactment today at noon...Gonna ride my Bicycle down the canal path about 5 miles to Titusville where they debark...always a good view and real interesting..been watching this event since I was 11 years old...

this is when I realize it it is Privilege to live where I do...

Old 12-25-2015, 09:55 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
I used to go to Washington's Crossing to watch the embarking of the boats. That was back in the day when Sinjin Terrell played the lead. I must be really old!

Merry Christmas and Bon voyage.

Old 12-25-2015, 01:22 PM

I went to Washington Crossing one year for the reenactment. I think it was 2010. It was unseasonably warm that year, too. We hadn't made any plans for dinner and ended up eating at an old bar. It was the only place we passed that was open.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:58 PM

Gerania...was the bar on the Jersey or Pennsy side?...

Patriots Crossing is right at the bridge where the crossing takes place on the Jersey side...it used to be called The Tally Ho...shots and beer bar with sammies.
now it's a bit more fancy.

on the Pennsy side directly across the bridge, is the Washington Crossing Inn...right next to my Dentist. Great food, nice decor...had my daughters Wedding reception there.

Theatre Gypsy...wow, yeah, St.John Terrill was the BEST Washington EVER!

I think we talked about this in another life when I told you my band played the Music Circus...opened for Ike and Tina Turner...

BTW..the crossing today was excellent...near record crowd.

Old 12-25-2015, 11:10 PM

It was in NJ and it was south of there...somewhere.

There were some interesting people there that day. Why do people go to a bar on Christmas day? They have nowhere else to go.

Old 12-26-2015, 07:30 AM

Hope you tipped the bartender...that person had to listen to people who had no place to go on Christmas all day long.

Old 12-26-2015, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
Hope you tipped the bartender...that person had to listen to people who had no place to go on Christmas all day long.
I always tip the bartender. Besides, it was Christmas. He mostly spoke to a couple of older guys--probably regulars--and a middle aged couple at the other end. There were two other other guys sitting on their own and a woman at a table. Two people came in for a couple of drinks and left. We chatted intermittently with a few of the other patrons. It was pretty quiet.

I had an egg sandwich for breakfast this morning. Well, half of a sandwich. I overcooked my fried egg, so ate it between two 1/2 pieces of toast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania