Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2011, 03:54 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
Was it this one?
LOL Yes, actually! How'd you guess? That is from the "Brighter dayz are ahead in da hood" collection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 06:29 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Hello NEPA.....We will be getting ready to come home soon. I spent some time looking up Dog Parks as Ms Maddie is having so much fun at the local park here. In fact I think we have a choice of 3 parks for dogs that are not all that far apart.
So.....I look up NEPA and our area for Dog Parks and we have "one" listed and that is in Scranton which is one hour away for me. Gosh!
I also look up NWNJ as I will be spending some summer months there. There is not one close to where I will be either.
I know towns will be cutting their budgets and a dog park will not enter the picture.
But, what fun they are, and the pets and people you meet are such a joy to spend time with.
Something we will really miss after we get home. Maddie will be quite lost without it.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:32 AM

3,756 posts, read 9,553,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Hello NEPA.....We will be getting ready to come home soon. I spent some time looking up Dog Parks as Ms Maddie is having so much fun at the local park here. In fact I think we have a choice of 3 parks for dogs that are not all that far apart.
So.....I look up NEPA and our area for Dog Parks and we have "one" listed and that is in Scranton which is one hour away for me. Gosh!
I also look up NWNJ as I will be spending some summer months there. There is not one close to where I will be either.
I know towns will be cutting their budgets and a dog park will not enter the picture.
But, what fun they are, and the pets and people you meet are such a joy to spend time with.
Something we will really miss after we get home. Maddie will be quite lost without it.

Summ!! Welcome back to NEPA. One thing I love here is the dog parks. We actually have a haven for our dog in the back yard. Love the south but miss many friends from the north. The trees, shrubs and flowers are in bloom. Hope you have a safe trip.

Old 04-16-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Welcome back to NEPA! That stinks about the dog parks though. I really cannot think of any in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:44 AM

1,384 posts, read 3,176,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Welcome back to NEPA! That stinks about the dog parks though. I really cannot think of any in the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area.
Connell Dog Park - Friends of the Scranton Dog Park - Scranton, PA

Old 04-16-2011, 09:45 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times
Summer, I think there may be one in West Pittston, although that's a bit far from you, too. Thing is, I'm sure not every municipality with a dog park advertises it, so maybe when you get back, you'll hook up with another dog owner who can steer you in the right direction.

Old 04-17-2011, 03:27 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,663,747 times
Oh geez, I can see I am spoiled with two parks one mile or so from my home.....
Miss Maddie will be so lost not meeting up to play ( without her leash ) and tumble with the pups.
I see also in Hackettstown the people are hoping to eventually have one there.
I'm not home yet until the first of May but we are enjoying the weather very much.
Christine, the "old plan" is still on......I love the Carolinas as much as you!

Old 04-18-2011, 03:41 PM

1,815 posts, read 5,400,079 times
Maybe there are more dog parks than you realize. It seems around here where I am - they don't need to advertise as people seem to find them and they get really busy really quickly. Perhaps you'll find one on your walks when you meet other people walking their dogs.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:56 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,671 times
Happy Easter Folks , Have a Fantastic Day

Old 04-24-2011, 07:09 AM

Have a great Easter everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania