Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2017, 01:37 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.magoo View Post
That sounds cozy..Miz G..you are so the Romantic..
Speaking of Romantic...

I saw this Daphne Du Maurier inspired movie yesterday in Doylestown.

romantic..but man, Rachel was a conniving bioche...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n_KOgXMSyA
I guess I am. You sat through that? My husband wouldn't have.

I think that I will always have things which have been crafted by people who like to work with their hands. In the 70s?, I bought a handkerchief with a tatted edge from a woman at the Arts Fiesta in Wilkes-Barre. I still have it. In the '80s, I bought a couple of hand dyed scarves in England. I have them, too. Beautiful shades of blue heading into green.

Anyway, no chance I'm moving further north.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 04:16 PM

2,481 posts, read 2,235,448 times
yeah..you are far enough North already..any higher latitude becomes in my daughters parlance..'The Dumb Zone' or 'Bumblef**k'.

Hey, In the movie trailer... see that opening picture of the guy and Rachel lying in the field of Bluebells..?

It only lasted about 7 seconds..

Englishmen, they are like Jackrabbits.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:03 PM

The serious underwear zone. I don't know how people even manage to live in Boston. It's flippin' cold up there. We should chop them off of the BOS/Wash corridor.

I did notice the bluebells. My mother had some in her yard, but the location was too hot and sunny and they didn't spread far. I went to Bowman's Hill one year when they were in bloom. It was a surprise. They filled an area down by the creek. Everyone in our small group gasped when they saw them. They were just around a bend in the trail. They were different from the ones from England. Virginia Bluebells perhaps? They're taller and a lighter shade than their cousins.

Old 06-19-2017, 06:46 PM

Are you talking about the Wildflower Preserve in front of Bowman's Tower?

Dang, girl..with the prevailing summer breezes blowing, you were close enough for me to pick up a waft of whatever fragrance you were wearing that day.

I'm thinking you will say you weren't wearing any..

no matter..one of my senses would have picked up your presence..

Once an Investigator...always...you know thr rest. :-)

I dug up a few Bluebells along the canal across the street..they proliferate like rabbits..

I planted them around the back of my small fishpond .. they look nice with the bamboo behind them.

Old 06-19-2017, 07:53 PM

Quote:
I don't need to win the lottery to live near the Ocean..I have a modest beach front condo in Puerto Rico..and the Jersey Shore is just a short drive for me. 1-2 a week from May to Early November.

I can see where PAHippo is coming from...

I loved to go to the family cabin in Vermont..my ex and I went to the Maritimes, totally loved Nova Scotia, especially Cape Breton..hit Maine on the way home..loved the Rocky seacoast, the people, the food, and especially the cool weather .

We thought of buying a house in either Maine or Cape Breton...

My brother moved to Oahu, I make my first trip there in 1985.. I fall in love with the scented breezes on arrival, the scenery takes my breath away... the food, the music, the diverse culture(s) ..it all pulls me in..

My then wife..hated it all, and can't wait to get back to her tried and true NE states..

Me? I am totally hooked on the tropics..Hawai'i ..Puerto Rico.

I am now an Island Son..give me a white sand beach, a place where I can wear the least amount of clothing, to be able to dig my toes in the sand..
to listen to Reggae, ska, and Salsa..dear Lord..

I am a happy camper.. :-)

but 30 years ago, my direction and choice was like PAHippos..she loves it, and seems totally happy in her environs..

People change..right now, I have no urge to go back to my old haunts in Vermont, Maine, The Maritimes in Canada..but that could change in the future..

Jersey Shore was never a choice..it was/is a constant in my life..Gerania, you know how it pulls you in..I remember you telling stories of the Bayside 'funkadelic' smell..beaches..family..

Wherever you are happy..:-)
I missed this one. Yeah, I like sand and oceans. I don't want to live on an island, though, because I couldn't hop in the car and drive 3,000 miles. I really don't want to do that, but I can.

In 2013, my nephew lived with me for six months. Every few weeks I asked him if he wanted to go to Graceland. He never answered me. If he'd even asked, "Are you serious?", I would have told him to get in the car. Kids today.

Tank top, shorts. If I don't have to wear shoes it's a plus. My mother used to tell me that I was a little Indian.

Yes, it was the bay at low tide. I loved that smell. I guess I still do. I used to eat Blind Robbins. Sand stuck in your shoes for days. When the hem blew out on an old pair of jeans, sand came out!

Old 06-19-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Are you talking about the Wildflower Preserve in front of Bowman's Tower?

Dang, girl..with the prevailing summer breezes blowing, you were close enough for me to pick up a waft of whatever fragrance you were wearing that day.

I'm thinking you will say you weren't wearing any..

no matter..one of my senses would have picked up your presence..

Once an Investigator...always...you know thr rest. :-)

I dug up a few Bluebells along the canal across the street..they proliferate like rabbits..

I planted them around the back of my small fishpond .. they look nice with the bamboo behind them.
I smelled like a gerania that day--I guess like soap and fresh laundry. I made a stop in New Hope, went to see the old covered bridge, and then to the preserve. It was the highlight of the day, and it was a really nice day.

When my mom got older, she used to tell me that I was really smart. "Thanks mom. I have a computer and know how to use it."

Old 06-20-2017, 06:33 PM

The ants went marching one by one... I went through this a couple of weeks ago, and they're back. Thankfully, they love the Terro.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:34 AM

I have a vid taken on my Lanai in Puerto Rico of a Dead Gecko being lifted and carried off by a swarm of Cane Ants..
I wonder if they say 'Heave Ho' when they lift it up?

Hey G..I pass that Covered Bridge every time I go to Doylestown, it is right off of Aquetong Rd..right near Bowmans Hill.
I will snap a pic of it for you if I remember, next time I go.

A friend of mine about 30 years ago would take a girl there on a first date..pretending that he and his date just stumbled upon it..

He would say..'Oh Look, a Covered Bridge!
WOW!
Then he would lower his voice, stare at his date, and say very solemnly, 'From now on, this will be OUR special place.'

I miss my buddy.

Old 06-21-2017, 12:38 PM

30,527 posts, read 16,222,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
just mentioned it because it can be confusing talking (reading) about Jersey Shore and the Jersey shore.
Never been to either.

yea, I'm happy where I is and I is where I'm happy.

and that's a good thing.

and I've seen lots of chipmunks lately. and deer and a coyote or 2. oh, and a bald eagle. haven't seen a bear yet this summer.

well, I saw a bear this morning. Up at Lamb's Creek, where I walk most mornings.

I love PA.

Old 06-21-2017, 05:20 PM

my uncle Bernie always told the tory about the two ( fill in the ethnic blank) Hunters who went on a Bear Hunt in Northeast Pa.

on the road, they saw a sign that said 'Bear Left'

after seeing that sign ..they turned around and they headed for home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania