Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 07:35 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,966,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Feels like fall is here in Carbon County. There's a definite nip in the air. Wish I had a good cup of coffee today. I don't drink it often but today would be a great day for it.
We like fall and spring. Great times to get outside and work. I already picked up some branches from the storm and I was just about ready to start again on my house painting job. No complaints about the cooler temperatures.

Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 07:52 AM

30,229 posts, read 15,988,536 times
Yup! Pennsylvania at its best. But I don't get as much done outside as I should. Spend too much time watching the leaves.

Old 09-20-2012, 08:11 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,086,431 times
This is definitely my favorite time of year in NEPA. Is it wrong for me to hope for an actual winter this year too? I don't mind a bit of snow.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:22 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,889,335 times
Quote:
This is definitely my favorite time of year in NEPA. Is it wrong for me to hope for an actual winter this year too? I don't mind a bit of snow.
I love Autumn. And I, too, don't mind a bit of snow. I must say when I was working and when I had kids in school, I wasn't too keen on seeing snow because it made my ride to work a walk, (three blocks from my house) and shuffling through the snow wasn't my idea of a fun start to the day. Especially since I knew my kids were home looking for something verboten to do because school was cancelled. So while I may not mind that "blanket of white", I do feel for people who have to contend with it.

And for all you out-of-towners who come to see the leaves as they change color, welcome. And while you're here, howsabout you grab a rake and help me clean up the glorious foliage in my yard from my neighbors' trees? I thank you, and so does my aching back.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:22 PM

30,229 posts, read 15,988,536 times
I always liked raking leaves.

And as long as I work in a hospital. I will hate snow and love snowplow drivers! Many a time a was fortunate get behind one on the way home.

Old 09-20-2012, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
I always liked raking leaves.

And as long as I work in a hospital. I will hate snow and love snowplow drivers! Many a time a was fortunate get behind one on the way home.
Well I hope the little bit of snow that I want this year happens on your days off And I hope some wonderful Boy Scout comes by the second it stops snowing and asking to shovel your driveway and walk, and when you try to pay him he says "No no, it's on me"

Old 09-20-2012, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I love Autumn. And I, too, don't mind a bit of snow. I must say when I was working and when I had kids in school, I wasn't too keen on seeing snow because it made my ride to work a walk, (three blocks from my house) and shuffling through the snow wasn't my idea of a fun start to the day. Especially since I knew my kids were home looking for something verboten to do because school was cancelled. So while I may not mind that "blanket of white", I do feel for people who have to contend with it.

And for all you out-of-towners who come to see the leaves as they change color, welcome. And while you're here, howsabout you grab a rake and help me clean up the glorious foliage in my yard from my neighbors' trees? I thank you, and so does my aching back.
Same for you Gypsy -- I hope that the snow comes on all of our days off so we can enjoy it, and that same plucky Scout comes by everyone's house to shovel.

As for your leaves, my neighbor has a kickass leaf blower and I will send him over

Old 09-20-2012, 06:02 PM

18,754 posts, read 17,966,022 times
Quote:
Same for you Gypsy -- I hope that the snow comes on all of our days off so we can enjoy it, and that same plucky Scout comes by everyone's house to shovel.

As for your leaves, my neighbor has a kickass leaf blower and I will send him over
Have you used your neighbor's leaf blower on your snow? Good leaf blowers are great at cleaning off light dustings and even an inch or two of light, dry, powdery snow. They make short work of cleaning your vehicles. We like to use ours on our large deck. But; they don't work on wet snow.

I hope that we do not get a lot of snow – we have a four hundred foot, uphill, driveway. The less; the better!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Have you used your neighbor's leaf blower on your snow? Good leaf blowers are great at cleaning off light dustings and even an inch or two of light, dry, powdery snow. They make short work of cleaning your vehicles. We like to use ours on our large deck. But; they don't work on wet snow.

I hope that we do not get a lot of snow – we have a four hundred foot, uphill, driveway. The less; the better!

I haven't tried the neighbor's leaf blower. I think it is a new purchase for him because I don't remember him having it last year, so I'd hate to ask him. For now I'll just shovel and sweep. The exercise does me good

He's so funny. We have tons of trees around the neighborhood and every week or so we have a gripe session about them. I hate them because there's too much shade for a proper garden; he hates them because of "all those damn leaves!!" He's in his 70s, spry as hell and an awesome curmudgeon!

Your driveway sounds like my mom's. I remember as a teenager having many a friend slide off the driveway into the yard. Good times -- not!

Old 09-21-2012, 03:50 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,889,335 times
Quote:

Funny you should mention...My neighbor has a kickass snow blower and he has always taken care of our driveway and my sidewalk. But a couple of years ago, I heard someone on my front steps and I knew my neighbor was in bed (he works shifts). I wondered who could be out there and when I looked, a teenager was out there shoveling away. I got my wallet and offered him some money, which he refused. I told him that I was happy to give him something for his trouble and he said, "That's okay, I'm a boy scout." I convinced him to take the money when I told him that I was making a donation to his scout troop. That young man, an Eagle scout, has gone off to college, but I won't soon forget that there is hope for this planet yet.

Now about your neighbor, is he cute?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania