Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2010, 08:23 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,571,024 times

Advertisements

I just can not......can't......impossible.........find information on what was up with route 80 today.
Aug 7th......
The delay was so bad that it took me two hours to get to Hackettstown, rather then the usual 45 minutes. The only way we could even do that was to go down into the DWG recreation area....
After that we went back out on route 80 going, back West! From there we took the exit into the Delaware Gap and headed for 611 south. Taking that down to Portland and back onto route 80. Looking back it was strange to see it seemed at that point everyone was made to turn off of 80 and get on 611......We came in beyond that and continued on. Just to do all that took an hour and a half.
We tried looking up on the Pocono Record and other internet ways and no answers are forthcoming.
Most of the time on 80 we were completely stopped. Unfortunately it all happened just past the turn off for 611 and just about by the Travel Center.
Usually something would be posted in the Pocono Record online.......But alas........
So.......Still wondering just was the issue.
I hope it wasn't serious, and I hope if was an accident everyone is ok.
All I know is it pays to know the back roads and how to manage them........
I was not to late afterall...to my own party............LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 12:34 PM

1,649 posts, read 4,983,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyde View Post
That's my old stomping ground! Yes, the Point Barn is a fun place to go - seemed like you enjoyed it! Did you get to walk in the downtown in Danville? Very cute shops, good places to eat as well!
Yes, cathy, we enjoyed the day trip. We didn't spend any walking time in Danville. We did stop for lunch at a little pubby place....L.T. Evans....I think that was the name. Do you happen to know of a place called The Dirty Bird?

I wish I could find some really good, junky antique shops in the area. The kind that were around in the 70s and 80s. I like to dig and discover.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:06 AM

372 posts, read 1,223,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockky View Post
Yes, cathy, we enjoyed the day trip. We didn't spend any walking time in Danville. We did stop for lunch at a little pubby place....L.T. Evans....I think that was the name. Do you happen to know of a place called The Dirty Bird?

I wish I could find some really good, junky antique shops in the area. The kind that were around in the 70s and 80s. I like to dig and discover.
YES! Parents of my daughter's friend ran the place when we lived there; not sure if they still do. Pretty interesting spot. LT Evans is nice too, but next time go downtown to BJ's; great ribs and cornbread there!

I'll try to rack my brain and see if I can remember any more antique shops around there. Glad you had a nice time there; I loved living there and hope that, if North Carolina isn't in the cards, we can move back in a few years.

Old 08-10-2010, 07:07 AM

There are a few antique shops still in Sciota.......from there someone can go over on the weekends to the Saylorsburg Flea Market which has all kinds of finds.
I haven't gone to the Market as its been so hot on the weekends to roam around.
But, I'm not pushing summer away anytime soon....

Old 08-10-2010, 07:48 AM

1,815 posts, read 5,379,845 times
I must agree with Summering, this summer has been brutally hot and humid and I too have skipped many outdoor activities like fairs and concerts, just because I couldn't tolerate being outside. I can't wait until fall!

Old 08-12-2010, 05:55 AM

537 posts, read 1,327,316 times
Default Dirty Bird

The Dirty Bird nightclub burned and now sits in ruins. Across from BJ's is The Iron Forge which is a brewpub with great food on the lighter, healthier side!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:32 AM

Woooo, look who's up early this mornin' AmeriKen..........
Ok now if I can figure out where BJs is.....I like a brewpub when I am visiting up that way.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:52 AM

372 posts, read 1,223,939 times
Ken, I think that pub was in the works when we left Danville - glad to hear it's up and running. I hope to be back in that area soon; would love to stop in.

So, the Dirty Bird bit the dust, eh? That doesn't surprise me; like I said, it was an interesting place!

Old 08-14-2010, 07:49 PM

It was such a gorgeous day today in the Poconos. Has anyone noticed the changing of the leaves?
Yes, there seems to be an early start this year with the hot summer we have.
Lots of yellow colors along the highway.
But, I don't want to rush into fall......Summer is my favorite time.
Today I painted the deck rail ( just to be outside)........Hubby worked on the weeds that seem to love living here on the mountain.
One of the feral cats came and cuddled up on the glider....even with us right there. I think he was enjoying the beautiful day too. He knows his name, bandit......( Smokey is his sister).....
I feel fall in the air......but.........I hope it waits just a bit more. Not ready yet. Nope!

Old 08-17-2010, 08:27 AM

1,649 posts, read 4,983,378 times
Thanks for the info Ken, cathy, and Sum!

Somehow the name 'Dirty Bird' was less than inviting to me, but my SO saw it on line and was intrigued.

Sum, I haven't been down to Saylorsburg Flea Market this year. I spent a lot of this summer floating in the lake trying to keep cool(er). We have high ceilings in the house, and it traps the heat. It was over 90 degrees inside at 10:00 p.m. on some days. Oh....and yes! The leaves! Isn't it too early for that? I thought it may have something to do with the heat and lack of rain. Even though it was hot, I'm not ready for this summer to end.

Sorry I didn't find your posts earlier. Life is like a tornado right now. We hosted a family reunion this past Saturday. There were over 70 folks in attendance. We have a new grandson on the way. I'm heading to York County tomorrow. C-section is scheduled for this coming Monday.....if the little guy doesn't 'decide' to have a comin' out sooner.

Have a good one, Everyone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania