Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2019, 08:38 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,966,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I put my foot up on the little one step stool if I have to tie.

I stayed at my son's house this past weekend and I had to ask him to start the zipper on my coat. The zipper on that coat is a bit finicky, but it reminded me of being bundled up to walk to school when I was five.
I bought three of these: https://www.amazon.com/inch-Extra-Lo...2CRHFBMTVTCTA6. I keep them hanging around the house. I bought a pair of loafers I thought would be easy to slip into and they are almost impossible to get on without breaking a finger. These shoe horns area a little flimsy; but they get the job done without bending too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 11:27 PM

32,758 posts, read 35,962,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I bought three of these: https://www.amazon.com/inch-Extra-Lo...2CRHFBMTVTCTA6. I keep them hanging around the house. I bought a pair of loafers I thought would be easy to slip into and they are almost impossible to get on without breaking a finger. These shoe horns area a little flimsy; but they get the job done without bending too much.
I don't need one of those... yet. I have one pair of summer fabric shoes that I have to pull onto my heel because the back collapses when I shove my foot in.

I bought a 3' grabber tool for mom when she was in her 70s. When her arthritis (it wasn't too bad) flared up or she was having a problem with dizziness or balance, she didn't have to bend to pick something up off of the floor. It was also useful for reaching things on the top shelf of kitchen cabinets. She was slightly vertically challenged.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:47 AM

Quote:
I don't need one of those... yet. I have one pair of summer fabric shoes that I have to pull onto my heel because the back collapses when I shove my foot in.

I bought a 3' grabber tool for mom when she was in her 70s. When her arthritis (it wasn't too bad) flared up or she was having a problem with dizziness or balance, she didn't have to bend to pick something up off of the floor. It was also useful for reaching things on the top shelf of kitchen cabinets. She was slightly vertically challenged.
Dual purpose! sounds great. I'm just happy with my 30" shoe horns.

Old 11-29-2019, 01:36 PM

I hope that everyone had a nice or at least OK Thanksgiving. I ate dinner with my son and we watched the Cowboys lose to the Bills. Yay! I also drank a bit too much wine with dinner.

Old 12-05-2019, 01:34 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,824,577 times
Quote:
I hope that everyone had a nice or at least OK Thanksgiving. I ate dinner with my son and we watched the Cowboys lose to the Bills. Yay! I also drank a bit too much wine with dinner.

Good for you all!

Old 12-05-2019, 02:05 PM

How was your holiday? My son wanted to take me to the big city for an impressive restaurant meal, and I just didn't feel up to it. He went to the supermarket and bought everything required, then cooked and served it. I helped, but that was the smallest, least part. I washed the dishes, too.

Old 12-05-2019, 04:01 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,889,335 times
I had two - count 'em - two Thanksgiving dinners. On the day, my #2 son, his daughter, his wife, her mother and I dined at Ruth's Chris at Mohegan Sun.

Way too much food but certainly delicious. We all brought much home with us, including our desserts.

Then on Sunday, I went for a second dinner at #5 son's house. His lovely wife has carried on a tradition I started when he was still a young pup at home and cooked the big meal on the week-end because he worked at the airport and never had a Thursday off. I got to bring food home from there as well so I'm pretty much turkeyed out. (But I'm always up for stuffing/filling/dressing)

Who's next?

Old 12-05-2019, 05:39 PM

That's the one thing that we didn't have, though I didn't want that stuff from a box.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_Next

Old 12-06-2019, 06:01 AM

Quote:
That's the one thing that we didn't have, though I didn't want that stuff from a box.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who%27s_Next
I had a cup of Manchurian Instant Noodles; but latter I splurged with a bowl of Campbell's' Manhattan clam chowder.

Actually, the night before we had a pot luck at work and then on Thanksgiving they served Chinese. I was trying not to over eat. I did miss the turkey/stuffing/cranberry sauce and gravy!

Old 12-06-2019, 11:44 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,824,577 times
Turkey (11.8 lb fresh from Wegmans @.29/lb., basted with maple syrup/butter), scratch made mashed and sweet potatoes (with...), brussel sprouts, carrots w.walnuts/brown sugar, stuffing (that box stuff...not bad with everything else and the only "convenience" prep item beside a few cans of gravy), cranberry "made sauce" , bakery bought 50% white/whole wheat walnut/cranberry bread, farm bought apple crumb and pumpkin pies, CA zinfandel...oh and ice water.

Leftover meals included turkey potato soup and a few sandwiches (hot and cold) and reheats...lasted 4 days+ and nothing tossed but a small piece of pumpkin pie (RIP).

Just two of us...waddle waddle
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania