Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2020, 05:30 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
To all my PA friends and posters I sincerely hope your all ok...please be safe.
It's getting pretty close; like a neighbor across the street from me. Then the NJ top surgeon is saying that we are all going to get it! I have been hearing rumors that they are going to shut down our County because of all the new cases.

Yesterday a 56 year old from East Stroudsburg died in Lehigh Valley Hospital from the virus. What we need is vaccine; but that could be a long ways away. A good treatment would also help those that have it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 10:01 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
It's getting pretty close; like a neighbor across the street from me. Then the NJ top surgeon is saying that we are all going to get it! I have been hearing rumors that they are going to shut down our County because of all the new cases.

Yesterday a 56 year old from East Stroudsburg died in Lehigh Valley Hospital from the virus. What we need is vaccine; but that could be a long ways away. A good treatment would also help those that have it.
yesterday we were told out here that a 6 year old little boy got it....I'm so scared for everyone....

I had groceries delivered today....and the kids won't be coming around....for quit a while....

it is all around us....and I'm wondering if and when we get it and make it thru, can we get it again?

Yes, a vaccine would be the ticket....wouldn't it.

I thought of you when I heard that Wolf had shut down all the rest stops, I saw one trucker really chew him out for doing so, and rightfully so. You guys need those stops....shut them down to everyone but truckers.

Old 03-25-2020, 04:53 AM

Quote:
yesterday we were told out here that a 6 year old little boy got it....I'm so scared for everyone....

I had groceries delivered today....and the kids won't be coming around....for quit a while....

it is all around us....and I'm wondering if and when we get it and make it thru, can we get it again?

Yes, a vaccine would be the ticket....wouldn't it.

I thought of you when I heard that Wolf had shut down all the rest stops, I saw one trucker really chew him out for doing so, and rightfully so. You guys need those stops....shut them down to everyone but truckers.
I am just glad that I do not drive truck anymore! But he did resend part of his order and he opened up some of the truck stops. Not all; but they might be having a hard time getting people to maintain them? I see that the Priest in Italy are dying off from the virus and that we have many police and inspectors that have come down with the virus. If you put people in harms way some are going to get sick.

Old 03-25-2020, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I am just glad that I do not drive truck anymore! But he did resend part of his order and he opened up some of the truck stops. Not all; but they might be having a hard time getting people to maintain them? I see that the Priest in Italy are dying off from the virus and that we have many police and inspectors that have come down with the virus. If you put people in harms way some are going to get sick.
well apparently some people do not know what shelter in place means, and continue to go out and about....they either do not care or don't know, that they can carry the virus for 14 days without knowing they have it and infect so so many people. They are forcing authorities to close down everything and yet, they still venture out to recreational parks, it infuriates me, and here we are hunkering down to try and contain the monster. People are idiots....sorry for the rant...

Old 03-25-2020, 07:04 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
I can't say that I'm disappointed because I wasn't expecting much. I called the Wilkes-Barre police a week ago and asked them for a wellness check on a senior friend a week ago. Joe's phone has been off for months. He is self employed, has a really bad back, and supposed to be taking care of his disabled brother. He doesn't have a computer.

Maybe one of the neighbors will report a bad smell coming from the house once it warms up.

Old 03-25-2020, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I can't say that I'm disappointed because I wasn't expecting much. I called the Wilkes-Barre police a week ago and asked them for a wellness check on a senior friend a week ago. Joe's phone has been off for months. He is self employed, has a really bad back, and supposed to be taking care of his disabled brother. He doesn't have a computer.

Maybe one of the neighbors will report a bad smell coming from the house once it warms up.
Did you try again? Right now our world is a little crazy and maybe they misplaced your request or simply forgot?

Old 03-25-2020, 07:41 PM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
I called him (Joe) three times today and nothing. I'll have to call them back.

Old 03-26-2020, 06:58 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,946,672 times
Quote:
well apparently some people do not know what shelter in place means, and continue to go out and about....they either do not care or don't know, that they can carry the virus for 14 days without knowing they have it and infect so so many people. They are forcing authorities to close down everything and yet, they still venture out to recreational parks, it infuriates me, and here we are hunkering down to try and contain the monster. People are idiots....sorry for the rant...
Take heart. When this thing is over, those who chose to ignore the warnings and refuse to realize the seriousness of the situation may all be gone. (cue ominous music) Those of us who are left will raise the intelligence level of the population! LOL

I have been inside since March 5. I have had two visitors - #2 and #5 son - both to bring supplies, both masked before they came in the door. A neighbor picked up an item for me and hung it on the doorknob. I threw the bag away, wiped the item with a disinfectant wipe and washed my hands - again.

I'm not spreading any germs. Face it, I don't have any to spread. And while I realize that some people had developed the habit of going to the grocery every couple of days (I know that was my routine prior to giving up my car) this is not the time. Go and get what you need, enough of it to last at least two weeks, then stay home.

fire up the music and dance. Do a jigsaw puzzle (try the online site jigidi.) Read a book. Invent something. Clean out your junk drawer. Write a letter to an old friend. Bake a cake. The possibiiities are endless.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Take heart. When this thing is over, those who chose to ignore the warnings and refuse to realize the seriousness of the situation may all be gone. (cue ominous music) Those of us who are left will raise the intelligence level of the population! LOL

I have been inside since March 5. I have had two visitors - #2 and #5 son - both to bring supplies, both masked before they came in the door. A neighbor picked up an item for me and hung it on the doorknob. I threw the bag away, wiped the item with a disinfectant wipe and washed my hands - again.

I'm not spreading any germs. Face it, I don't have any to spread. And while I realize that some people had developed the habit of going to the grocery every couple of days (I know that was my routine prior to giving up my car) this is not the time. Go and get what you need, enough of it to last at least two weeks, then stay home.

fire up the music and dance. Do a jigsaw puzzle (try the online site jigidi.) Read a book. Invent something. Clean out your junk drawer. Write a letter to an old friend. Bake a cake. The possibiiities are endless.
Have you ever played video games? I think I have about 300+ of them including a few new ones. as long as the internet does not go down I am pretty well set; except I still go to work! It's one of those 'critical jobs' and I have a critical job letter incase they start a no travel ban. My video games will have to wait for my weekends.

Good luck to you and stay safe. If you get tired of the jigsaw puzzles and have a good PC you could go to https://store.steampowered.com/ and start gaming! They do even offer some free games. They do have some non-violent, puzzle based games, like 'The Room', 'The Room II', and 'The Room III'. There are also other good games of exploration that could help you get your mind off the mess we are in.

Old 03-26-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post

yes, I have asked my kids to please stay away....I worry about my grand daughter, as where she works, they are not using gloves and are serving food thru a window....she has asthma and is type 1 diabetic....my son does not yet see the seriousness in this, so she doesn't either....

This comes from China and not the first time, and they seriously have to change their food habits and personal hygiene...plus we certainly need to think about closing off our flights as soon as these outbreaks happen.

I remember years ago, my girlfriends son, a CEO, used to tell me, every time he flew abroad, to India, and China, he would get very sick upon returning home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania