Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2012, 06:55 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,137,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Happy Friday.. Have a great weekend .
Hey, you can't have the weekend off – don't you have a chimney to clean!

Being retired – everyday is a workday. There is no such thing as a weekend. Always something to do. But; I think that it is better that way. Everything starts to stiffen up if I sit too long at the keyboard. I have to keep moving and my honey-do list never seems to get smaller.

You have a great weekend too! Tell your wife that the dog ate the honey-do list!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 07:32 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Hey, you can't have the weekend off – don't you have a chimney to clean!

Being retired – everyday is a workday. There is no such thing as a weekend. Always something to do. But; I think that it is better that way. Everything starts to stiffen up if I sit too long at the keyboard. I have to keep moving and my honey-do list never seems to get smaller.

You have a great weekend too! Tell your wife that the dog ate the honey-do list!

That would be rough because the wife usually E mails me my list... I have to go pick up my son later .... So I'll watch Netflix , then go out to the barn and tinker around ,,,Already did 3 loads of laundry .. Maybe JUST maybe .. I'll get a nap in about noon ..

Old 09-28-2012, 08:09 AM

Quote:
That would be rough because the wife usually E mails me my list... I have to go pick up my son later .... So I'll watch Netflix , then go out to the barn and tinker around ,,,Already did 3 loads of laundry .. Maybe JUST maybe .. I'll get a nap in about noon ..
Tell her a cyber dog ate your e-mail!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:41 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Happy Friday.. Have a great weekend .
You too!

Old 10-01-2012, 05:34 AM

Riverside,

How can you claim that three dollar bills are phoney? I did a Google search and this one popped right up: Google Image Result for http://www.slick.com/graphics/obama_3_dollar_front_lg.jpg

Have a great day!

Old 10-01-2012, 08:12 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,139,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Riverside,

How can you claim that three dollar bills are phoney? I did a Google search and this one popped right up: Google Image Result for http://www.slick.com/graphics/obama_3_dollar_front_lg.jpg

Have a great day!

Hee Hee ....

Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,102,301 times
I said a few posts ago that I would not turn on the heat until October. Well technically at 12:01 a.m. last night it became October 1st, and my SO turned on the heat around 5 a.m. I just wanted to put it on record that I, the woman, was not cold enough to turn on the heat but he was!

Old 10-01-2012, 01:09 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,952,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
I said a few posts ago that I would not turn on the heat until October. Well technically at 12:01 a.m. last night it became October 1st, and my SO turned on the heat around 5 a.m. I just wanted to put it on record that I, the woman, was not cold enough to turn on the heat but he was!
Duly noted. Huzzah!! for the strength of woman!

Old 10-01-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Good for you for holding out! How cold did it get in your house? A few nights I think it went into the high thirties or low forties. It usually takes days for our homes to cool really cool down and warm days can warm them back up.

After the five days we went without heat, after that one ice storm, we are not crazy about being in the cold. The last days, of that five day power outage, it was in the forties inside. Good thing we bought a generator one hour before the power came back on! At the same time; we hardly ever turn up our heat over 68. It just cost too much today to heat.

I do imagine that some people, that built their houses with great insulation and utilized some passive solar heat, could still hold out for some time.

Have a great (warm) evening!

Old 10-01-2012, 02:19 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
We turned the heat on in the boys' room on September 29th. Neither of us have the "huzzah" to hold out til 10/15. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania