Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2012, 03:38 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,086,431 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Duly noted. Huzzah!! for the strength of woman!
Hear me roar, baby! Hear me roar!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 03:40 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,086,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Good for you for holding out! How cold did it get in your house? A few nights I think it went into the high thirties or low forties. It usually takes days for our homes to cool really cool down and warm days can warm them back up.

After the five days we went without heat, after that one ice storm, we are not crazy about being in the cold. The last days, of that five day power outage, it was in the forties inside. Good thing we bought a generator one hour before the power came back on! At the same time; we hardly ever turn up our heat over 68. It just cost too much today to heat.

I do imagine that some people, that built their houses with great insulation and utilized some passive solar heat, could still hold out for some time.

Have a great (warm) evening!
Personally I did not think it was that cold last night. I'm hoping the SO is not coming down with something. Sorry to be a little too TMI, but he sleeps in a t-shirt and boxers and then he wonders why he gets chilly.

Meanwhile I had on my fuzzy spa socks and a warm nightgown and I was just fine

Old 10-01-2012, 08:02 PM

4,083 posts, read 9,053,434 times
Switched over to the fleece sheets and winter blankets, but no heat. Waaasy to soon for that nonsense in our house. Probably not until we start seeing consecutive nights in the 30's and the house is consistently cold for a few nights.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:11 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,927,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvpa View Post
Switched over to the fleece sheets and winter blankets, but no heat. Waaasy to soon for that nonsense in our house. Probably not until we start seeing consecutive nights in the 30's and the house is consistently cold for a few nights.
I am right there with you, we all seem to sleep better when it is cool, and since we keep our house like an ice box in the summer not using heat or a/c in the fall really helps our wallet a bit. I actually have a fan running in the window right now! lol

Old 10-03-2012, 07:50 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,112,794 times
Really .. Another rainy day ... Pffsstt

Old 10-03-2012, 08:12 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,966,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Really .. Another rainy day ... Pffsstt
I have finished painting and staining our house. But, I still need to do our deck. I want to spray paint the deck with my airless spray gun and I want dry a dry, windless, day. It looks like Friday might work – except it is our 44th anniversary. I guess we can't celebrate all day long?

Old 10-03-2012, 09:36 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,112,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
I have finished painting and staining our house. But, I still need to do our deck. I want to spray paint the deck with my airless spray gun and I want dry a dry, windless, day. It looks like Friday might work – except it is our 44th anniversary. I guess we can't celebrate all day long?

Business before pleasure ... That's what I say ...

Congrats on the 44 yrs ,,, That's Fantastic..

Old 10-03-2012, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Business before pleasure ... That's what I say ...

Congrats on the 44 yrs ,,, That's Fantastic..
Thanks!

It cost only $5 for those 44 years. That is only pennies a year! At least that is what the JP charged all those years ago.

We look at these people spending thousands for a wedding that last only weeks or months and we figure we are way ahead of the game.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:21 PM

2,760 posts, read 3,927,245 times
Oh wow Fisheye, 44 years God Bless you both!!! Was that the best 5 bucks you ever spent?

Old 10-03-2012, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
Oh wow Fisheye, 44 years God Bless you both!!! Was that the best 5 bucks you ever spent?
Thanks!

That does not mean that we don't debate the merits of the $5 fee from time to time! Sometimes we do feel that we overspent!

I cannot remember if we tipped the JP and his wife. His wife played the piano and sung. My wife panicked and forgot how to talk – that was the only time in the last 44 years. She must have been saving her voice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania