Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2020, 03:46 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,760,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I'm with you on the roller coasters! I've never liked them. Years ago, I went on a coaster with a loop in Hershey Park with my friend's 12 year old son. My friend rode with her husband and her child wanted to ride with me so that I wouldn't be afraid. It wasn't as bad as I thought that it would be, but there's no way that I was going to ride a second time.
I was that kid that rode any ride available. As I’ve gotten older most rides are now a “nope” from me. Especially if they go backwards or upside down. Self preservation kicked in when I hit my
20s. Now in my 40s my joints can’t take the jostling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2020, 04:19 PM

10,225 posts, read 6,311,516 times
This ride was individual cars where the rider could control the speed. One adult, or with very young child (under 9) together. Levers to control the speed. Which way goes faster or slower? lol I will say that at the top around curves you did not want to go SLOW or you were stuck up there. Too fast and you were going sideways in car around curves. As I said, once was enough for elderly me.

As we were leaving saw a family group. They were trying to convince a girl around 12 to go on it. She would have to be in car ALONE. Ok, leave her be. She is certainly old enough to wait by herself at the base for rest of the family.

Last edited by Jo48; 06-29-2020 at 04:28 PM..

Old 07-03-2020, 11:26 AM

I was in an auto accident yesterday on way home from grocery shopping. No memory at all of the impact or being throw across the roadway in opposite lane.

My first recollection was what am I doing over here? What is that yellow thing hanging off steering wheel? Where are my glasses? Vaguely remember two young women running to my car saying they had called 911 and an ambulance was on it's way.

When police arrived they asked me questions, "What is your name? What is your address? WHO is the President?" Could answer the first, but could not remember that latter two. Maybe I went into shock? Maybe the police thought I had a brain injury?

When EMS came they helped me out of the car onto stretcher. I saw a woman on the ground from the other car. Why are you taking me first, and not her?

EMS told me they were taking me to Leigh Valley Hospital in East Stroudsburg because St. Luke's in Bartonsville did not have a Trauma Center. He keep counting the mileage to me; 15 miles, 10 miles, 5 miles to go.

A friend of ours (former local LEO and Magistrate) told us that St. Luke's was planning to build a Hospital off 940. Maybe because of the distance to Leigh Valley Trauma Center around 20 miles away?

Edit: I am ok and they released me same day, after a LOT of testing with mostly bruises from the seat belt and hitting my arm and foot.

Old 07-03-2020, 04:45 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,125,439 times
Glad you're OK! The new location for St. Luke's on Route 940 is just to the east of Route 314 on the south side of the road. They already started clearing the lot. It is adjacent to the mechanic I use and right on Harvester Lane.

Old 07-04-2020, 08:15 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I was in an auto accident yesterday on way home from grocery shopping. No memory at all of the impact or being throw across the roadway in opposite lane.

My first recollection was what am I doing over here? What is that yellow thing hanging off steering wheel? Where are my glasses? Vaguely remember two young women running to my car saying they had called 911 and an ambulance was on it's way.

When police arrived they asked me questions, "What is your name? What is your address? WHO is the President?" Could answer the first, but could not remember that latter two. Maybe I went into shock? Maybe the police thought I had a brain injury?

When EMS came they helped me out of the car onto stretcher. I saw a woman on the ground from the other car. Why are you taking me first, and not her?

EMS told me they were taking me to Leigh Valley Hospital in East Stroudsburg because St. Luke's in Bartonsville did not have a Trauma Center. He keep counting the mileage to me; 15 miles, 10 miles, 5 miles to go.

A friend of ours (former local LEO and Magistrate) told us that St. Luke's was planning to build a Hospital off 940. Maybe because of the distance to Leigh Valley Trauma Center around 20 miles away?

Edit: I am ok and they released me same day, after a LOT of testing with mostly bruises from the seat belt and hitting my arm and foot.
So very happy to hear your ok, what an ordeal that must have been for you....thank Goodness you didn't have injuries that were more serious. Did you have a concussion?

Old 07-06-2020, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
So very happy to hear your ok, what an ordeal that must have been for you....thank Goodness you didn't have injuries that were more serious. Did you have a concussion?
No, but must have gone in shock since I remember nothing about the crash impact; before, right after, or today. My daughter said PTSD.

When they put me in the ambulance, I aw a middle aged woman laying on the ground, but also a middle aged man in driver's seat, plus two middle aged women in the backseat. All just sitting there. Hallucinating?
My husband said when he got there (live less than a mile down the road), there was nobody in that car; only unconscious woman on the ground. He also said both air bags were in car were inflated. So there had to be at least two people in the car. Wrong? Would an air bag inflate without somebody in the seat?

Husband said that they were waiting for a helicopter to take her to the hospital; standard procedure.. Oh, I hope she is ok. But where was the other person/people? They were able to just walk away? Very confusing to me.

Old 07-06-2020, 06:59 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,255,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
No, but must have gone in shock since I remember nothing about the crash impact; before, right after, or today. My daughter said PTSD.

When they put me in the ambulance, I aw a middle aged woman laying on the ground, but also a middle aged man in driver's seat, plus two middle aged women in the backseat. All just sitting there. Hallucinating?
My husband said when he got there (live less than a mile down the road), there was nobody in that car; only unconscious woman on the ground. He also said both air bags were in car were inflated. So there had to be at least two people in the car. Wrong? Would an air bag inflate without somebody in the seat?

Husband said that they were waiting for a helicopter to take her to the hospital; standard procedure.. Oh, I hope she is ok. But where was the other person/people? They were able to just walk away? Very confusing to me.
perhaps you were hallucinating? unfortunately I can't answer you regarding the air bag deploying if no one is sitting in the seat?

Very strange, but remember, the body reacts in very strange ways to shock....so, those people you saw, may not have been there in reality? Don't fret over it to much....just be thankful your here...God bless you.

So glad your all right.

Old 07-06-2020, 08:00 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Jo, I'm glad that you're OK! I've been in only one car accident, and while I wasn't badly hurt, I was very disoriented. When I finally got home, I cried and cried. How are are you feeling? I had aches and pains for about a week. A nice warm bath -it was October- a few Advil, and taking it easy worked for me.

Old 07-07-2020, 07:17 AM

Thank you all.

Old 07-07-2020, 04:43 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,760,712 times
The airbag could have deployed if she had something heavy on the front seat. I place my work bag, pocketbook and usually other stuff in my front seat. It’s usually enough to trigger the airbag sensor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania