Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2024, 08:32 AM

29,010 posts, read 30,454,407 times

Advertisements

I posted this b/c living in PA, I never realized how very much we had...which is why I went into detail for you folks who live in PA.

Here there is so much you can't get, and if you go into a store and request it, they are so resistent to it, and tell you, we can't get it, we have to use what they send us, and it makes me so angry....how unintelligent is it to not cater to customers...I'm talking Kroger, Meijer, or Walmart...You can't even get Fordhook Lima beans but you can get the baby limas....good italian hoagie rolls and breads....lebanon bologne, chicken necks and backs, ring bologne, meat loaf mix, which is a mix of ground beef, pork and veal, and you cannot find veal anywhere.

The only Italian food restaurant we had was a Genos and Olive Garden, just recently a high end Italian food Restaurant opened, and it's good but not like back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2024, 04:16 PM

16,319 posts, read 7,040,049 times
New to NEPA/SEPA

People are very nice.
Traffic is light.
Plenty of shopping.
Nice and Quiet.
Wake up tp roosters crowing.

My two Gripes.

Bread
Italian Bread is soggy " No crust whatsoever " and Bagels are to dang fluffy and taste like bread rolls.
Don't blame the water. ? ..............I don't think so ..........I'm only 2 hrs from N.Y.C. Some one please
start selivering it here.

Women Drivers.
Ride your bumper then back off then ride your bumper and back off over and over.
Mind you. I'm doing the speed limit.
If you are in a rush to work why can't you wake up earlier?

Old 06-13-2024, 07:31 PM

2,489 posts, read 2,801,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
New to NEPA/SEPA

People are very nice.
Traffic is light.
Plenty of shopping.
Nice and Quiet.
Wake up tp roosters crowing.

My two Gripes.

Bread
Italian Bread is soggy " No crust whatsoever " and Bagels are to dang fluffy and taste like bread rolls.
Don't blame the water. ? ..............I don't think so ..........I'm only 2 hrs from N.Y.C. Some one please

Women Drivers.
Ride your bumper then back off then ride your bumper and back off over and over.
I still head to the Bronx for work a few days a week. My always stop is the bakery for bread cause yeah.

Old Yesterday, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Mr.Retired;

My two Gripes.

Bread
Wow, that's a new one? I'm sorry you've had that experience, you need to keep trying other places...

Quote:
Women Drivers.

yes, I had the same problem back there, especially on the way to work, but it was men in their big trucks that were in a hurry....and I agree, if you need to be there on time, the smart thing to do would be to leave early.

Its the same here, people here apparently do not know cars have turn signals...honestly, you are told when you move here that the worst drivers in the world are here, and I do believe its true....laws mean nothing to them....I believe some of them just stepped out of the movie Deliverance....lol.

hang in there....

Old Yesterday, 08:25 AM

I miss fisheye and some of the other regulars that used to be in here.....where is everyone, what are you up to these days?

I'm mildly handicapped so I bought a really neat bird feeding station and set it up in front of my window...
Its great, and I have all kinds of birds....

Weather here is beautiful....it's been a really pouring down rainy spring, but now the weather is turning into summer and we'll be in the 90's this coming week.

My Grand daughter just finished beauty school and already landed a job with a woman who owns her own shop. It was an exciting day for her, to graduate and get her degree....but to find out, now she had to take her state boards...???? which could take them months before they contact her with a date to do so????? She is excited to start working....

well, ya'll know how I am constantly complaining about the food here....I was sharing thoughts with a local the other day and she told me, that people here who call themselves chefs have never been to any kind of culinary school....they just go get a job and call themselves chefs (sigh)

So, please come back and keep in touch, let us know what your up to....how your doings, what your doing.
Miss you all....

Old Today, 05:29 AM

16,319 posts, read 7,040,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I miss fisheye and some of the other regulars that used to be in here.....where is everyone, what are you up to these days?

I'm mildly handicapped so I bought a really neat bird feeding station and set it up in front of my window...
Its great, and I have all kinds of birds....

Weather here is beautiful....it's been a really pouring down rainy spring, but now the weather is turning into summer and we'll be in the 90's this coming week.

My Grand daughter just finished beauty school and already landed a job with a woman who owns her own shop. It was an exciting day for her, to graduate and get her degree....but to find out, now she had to take her state boards...???? which could take them months before they contact her with a date to do so????? She is excited to start working....

well, ya'll know how I am constantly complaining about the food here....I was sharing thoughts with a local the other day and she told me, that people here who call themselves chefs have never been to any kind of culinary school....they just go get a job and call themselves chefs (sigh)

So, please come back and keep in touch, let us know what your up to....how your doings, what your doing.
Miss you all....

Nice to see you have a bird feeder.
I have fed mourning doves back in NYC for years and
slowly cut back on feeding them prior to moving to Pa.

I did not put a bird feeder up because of the hawks.

Getting back to the bread from previous post.
I call it soggy ( lacking crust ) because it is missing that crunch factor.
It is the way bread is made and what the most folks like.
I inquired in a supermarket about carrying bagel flats shop and was told their is no demand for them.
Folks don't know what they are missing.
I get it. I'll tolerate it.
Eggs are eggs unless you had a Pa farm fresh eggs
and Italian Bread is Italian Bread unless you had a N.Y.C. Italian Bread.

Almost forgot.......................Took a ride to Souderton. Very Nice until ...........yup ............another female tailgater.
I'm getting used to pulling over and waving them on..............hahaha.

Best wishes.

Old Today, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Nice to see you have a bird feeder.
I have fed mourning doves back in NYC for years and
slowly cut back on feeding them prior to moving to Pa.

I did not put a bird feeder up because of the hawks.

Getting back to the bread from previous post.
I call it soggy ( lacking crust ) because it is missing that crunch factor.
It is the way bread is made and what the most folks like.
I inquired in a supermarket about carrying bagel flats shop and was told their is no demand for them.
Folks don't know what they are missing.
I get it. I'll tolerate it.
Eggs are eggs unless you had a Pa farm fresh eggs
and Italian Bread is Italian Bread unless you had a N.Y.C. Italian Bread.

Almost forgot.......................Took a ride to Souderton. Very Nice until ...........yup ............another female tailgater.
I'm getting used to pulling over and waving them on..............hahaha.

Best wishes.
Souderton is such a nice quiet town, your right next to Telford, you should try Jessie's Bar-b-q, in my book there is nothing like it.

I make my own bread now....and it's pretty darn easy and good....tastes like Italian Bread....son loves it.
DIL like my other white sandwich bread....but I'm partial to Italian....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania