Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2012, 05:50 AM

18,754 posts, read 17,966,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
It was a quiet day ... Today I also have nothing to do . Im not one to sit still , So Im sure I'll get involved in something around here . The weather is nice .. I'll start up and service the snowthrower today .. Maybe we will get snow this year ..
Don't talk dirty! We don't want any of that white stuff causing problems for us.

I do have the chains on my garden tractor and the snow blade mounted (just in case).
Have a good day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 10:37 AM

2,095 posts, read 3,086,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Don't talk dirty! We don't want any of that white stuff causing problems for us.

I do have the chains on my garden tractor and the snow blade mounted (just in case).
Have a good day!
Fisheye! I was wondering where you have been. You've been silent. Were you on vacation?

Riverside, you do good work for the people around your area. You should be proud!

I'm on the fence about snow. I felt weird all last Spring, like something was missing. Then I realized it was because it had barely snowed all winter. As much as I don't like driving in the snow, I feel like we need it to keep us on track.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:48 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,889,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Fisheye! I was wondering where you have been. You've been silent. Were you on vacation?

Maybe he was out shopping for our Christmas presents?

Riverside, you do good work for the people around your area. You should be proud!

He is a good guy. He may not get rich but he'll sure have a lot of friends. As the nuns used to tell us, "He's putting stars in his crown."

I'm on the fence about snow. I felt weird all last Spring, like something was missing. Then I realized it was because it had barely snowed all winter. As much as I don't like driving in the snow, I feel like we need it to keep us on track.
We do need snow to put some water in the ground so we don't have drought conditions come Summer. I don't like driving in it, but I don't have to go out when it snows. I hate it for my family members who must.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:52 AM

2,362 posts, read 5,112,794 times
Quote:

Have a good day!

Nice to see you speaking again,, I heard a cat got hold of you .. wink... Alls well up this way ,,,, Everything is wet so Ive fell in the mud about 3 times in the last 24 hrs ... The day aint done yet ,,, just the slightest incline will make ya slide and fall down and go boom ..

Old 12-17-2012, 12:44 PM

Quote:

Actually I got word that I am going back to work. I wanted to get everything done before the holidays and my first work day (1/7). I do need the exercise + I get a free flu shot - that I helped make. This year I can work longer – I had taken the early retirement from trucking and now I hit full retirement age.

I have been following the forum. There just have not been too many threads about Monroe County recently. I also don't plan any trips to the South Pacific. I have been posting almost everyday on my local Pocono Record. We have had issues with many accidents and everybody is looking to improve safety – but they fail to address the real problem of an outdated highway system.

Thanks for thinking about me!

Old 12-17-2012, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Actually I got word that I am going back to work. I wanted to get everything done before the holidays and my first work day (1/7). I do need the exercise + I get a free flu shot - that I helped make. This year I can work longer – I had taken the early retirement from trucking and now I hit full retirement age.

I have been following the forum. There just have not been too many threads about Monroe County recently. I also don't plan any trips to the South Pacific. I have been posting almost everyday on my local Pocono Record. We have had issues with many accidents and everybody is looking to improve safety – but they fail to address the real problem of an outdated highway system.

Thanks for thinking about me!
You mean the tons of road projects and closings aren't doing it?

That area is getting too congested. It wasn't meant to be as populated as it is.

Glad to have you back and to hear that you'll be going back to work!

Old 12-17-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
We do need snow to put some water in the ground so we don't have drought conditions come Summer. I don't like driving in it, but I don't have to go out when it snows. I hate it for my family members who must.
Me too. My boyfriend has to drive in it because he pretty much has to go to work no matter what. I'll be taking classes at night starting in January, so I might get stuck in some messy weather too--although most schools tend to cancel their night classes if the weather gets too bad.

It would be nice if it would snow when everyone is safe and sound at home, but unfortunately with our 24/7 world that rarely happens.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:04 PM

Quote:
You mean the tons of road projects and closings aren't doing it?

That area is getting too congested. It wasn't meant to be as populated as it is.

Glad to have you back and to hear that you'll be going back to work!
My grandparents owned 88 acres that they subdivided (where the Staples store on 611 is presently located). They bought that acreage for $3500 back in 1950. Around 1960 (maybe a little before) our State and Feds were planning the I-80 path. It originally was supposed to go half a mile west of my grandparent's property. It was supposed to go right though the mansion and property of a wealthy local businessman. I was told several times that the businessman ran the State surveyors off his property with a 12 gauge shotgun. The course of 80 was altered and it took out 11 acres of my grandparent's property – they did not complain because the State paid them about the same money per acre that they originally paid for all 88 acres.

That was not the only manipulation of the Interstate. Just look at how many exits and entrances Monroe County has that are not easy on/easy off. Our politicians and businessmen tweaked our super highway to trap tourist.

As a truck driver I saw other states that appeared to work smarter. I have been fighting for years to get PA to look at how the other states operate and steal/imitate their best practices.

In Monroe; 80 should be six lanes from Blakeslee to the NJ six lane section (four miles into NJ). We also have exits and entrance ramps that are too short and narrow. We have bridges that are too low – just waiting for one humane mistake.

As far as going back to work; I will probably loss ten pounds my first week. That is what I did the last few years. It isn't an easy job – but I do need to loose the weight. I think of it as a exercise program and they pay me!

Old 12-17-2012, 06:26 PM

2,362 posts, read 5,112,794 times
Just think of all the extra money you'll wife will have to spend ... Cash is Good .. Hee Hee ..

Old 12-17-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverside4ever View Post
Just think of all the extra money you'll wife will have to spend ... Cash is Good .. Hee Hee ..
The one thing that I always look forward to is the end of the program. Usually it only last until the end of July. However; for various reasons, including competition and demand, that can change.

I am also renewing my CDL. I have to go for the physical this week. My Teamsters will not let me work in PA (I cannot drive, work yard or dock work). They view that as competitive work. I am allowed to do anything outside of the Central PA Teamster's territory – I could drive in NJ or NY. I like to keep the CDL just in case.

I actually like the job around the corner from me. Manufacturing does not hurt my Teamster's pension. It gets pretty complicated between the Teamster rules and SS rules for working after taking early retirement.

A little extra money always helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania