Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 07:35 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,104,307 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to say goodbye, NEPA CDers. I've become too disgusted with this board and the racism that runs rampant. If you espouse these views, you should be ashamed of yourself. Sadly, people like Captain Trips, our resident KKK member who should have been banned LONG ago, as well as others have a field day on CD because it's run by right wing idiots. I'm done being tolerant, and I'm done trying to educate people who are too stupid to learn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 03:14 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
Just wanted to say goodbye, NEPA CDers. I've become too disgusted with this board and the racism that runs rampant. If you espouse these views, you should be ashamed of yourself. Sadly, people like Captain Trips, our resident KKK member who should have been banned LONG ago, as well as others have a field day on CD because it's run by right wing idiots. I'm done being tolerant, and I'm done trying to educate people who are too stupid to learn.
Matilda,

I wish that you would reconsider. Your post have been very helpful and made with great thought. It isn't only that; but you know that eventually anybody that is too controversial will be banned. The forum will not be the same without you.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:32 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,955,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Matilda,

I wish that you would reconsider. Your post have been very helpful and made with great thought. It isn't only that; but you know that eventually anybody that is too controversial will be banned. The forum will not be the same without you.
Please reconsider, you are to valuable of a poster to lose!!!

Old 07-12-2013, 07:31 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,089,890 times
i second the above--enjoy your posts too!

Old 07-12-2013, 05:32 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,959,151 times
Matilda, I usually agree with your posts with rare exception, but in this case, I have to say that I think you're being unfair. Racist, yes, but rampant? Not really. The poster you singled out speaks from his own POV. He doesn't speak for me. Nor does he speak for the majority of posters here on the NEPA sub-forum. Matter of fact, I think most people are avoiding the currently-bubbling thread for that very reason.

When all goes quiet for a bit, and the Captain has found other pursuits, our favorite APCP vacationer will once again throw out the bait and Cap'n seldom fails to bite.

I hate to see another NEPA poster leave, especially since there are so few of us left. And even fewer who agree with me.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:49 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,475,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
I hate to see being run off from a outlet for free speech. I look forward to reading everyone's posts and I have to admit the most maddening ones are the most thought provoking. They give me the opportunity to examine my own feelings and reasons for them because I sometimes fail to question my beliefs - taking them for unchangeable certainties.
MatildaLoo, consider taking a vacation from the forum and come back feeling refreshed and renewed with more thought provoking opinions.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:50 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Matilda, I usually agree with your posts with rare exception, but in this case, I have to say that I think you're being unfair. Racist, yes, but rampant? Not really. The poster you singled out speaks from his own POV. He doesn't speak for me. Nor does he speak for the majority of posters here on the NEPA sub-forum. Matter of fact, I think most people are avoiding the currently-bubbling thread for that very reason.

When all goes quiet for a bit, and the Captain has found other pursuits, our favorite APCP vacationer will once again throw out the bait and Cap'n seldom fails to bite.

I hate to see another NEPA poster leave, especially since there are so few of us left. And even fewer who agree with me.
I sent her a PM. Why don't you and some others get off a PM to her and make her come to her senses. Who am I going to give my deer to?

Old 07-12-2013, 05:55 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
Hopefully she won't leave. NEPA has had some wonderful posters over the years.
Each with their own views. Many plan to leave but are drawn back. This becomes like a family, and even with families there is disagreements and angst.
Its hard but, its just best to ignore those who's views are different then yours if they offend you.
Put a poster on block. As time goes on you'll forget you ever came across them.
It is so nice to see familiar names here on NEPA.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:57 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,673,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
Ok wonderful NEPA members......As suggested by our Mod......a NEW Off Topic Chatting thread. ( 7/2010)
It would be so nice to have this and keep it running full speed ahead.
Lets always remember to be kind~ debate with knowledge and fairness~
and to first and foremost, have a great time..... As Always......
Can we just try again? .....love you....NEPA

Old 07-12-2013, 06:45 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,959,151 times
I discovered City Data at a time when any distraction was welcome - I was recuperating from surgery and having chemo and I wasn't feeling very good about myself or my situation; I was living with my youngest and his family and while I love them all dearly, it's hard not to be in your own home, in good health, and confident that you're going to beat this thing.

I have "met" so many people here that I would be delighted to meet in person, and some that I don't think I'd be too fond of, but they all have something to contribute, even if it's only to be held out as a bad example.

There were some rip-roarin' battles between Dan and Paul. Varmintblaster could be counted on to speak some truth from time to time. Enya was our "pretty girl with a smart side". One fellow, I think he was a Rangers fan, couldn't wait to get out of Scranton. LehighValleyNative (I think that was his screen name) didn't like living here but his wife's work was here. Sadly, we lost him to an auto accident. Frank was new to the area but he was a contributor. Too many to remember, (and some of them I don't care to), but I do miss them all. Even Summering, who defected to Myrtle Beach, does manage to pop in from time to time, so I know she spies on us to keep us on the straight and narrow.

My chemo is over, my cancer seems to be gone, (knock on wood) and if I could just find another play...But still I remain here for some "coffee, commentary, Kafka" I tremble to think that if people keep leaving, I'll be here talking to myself!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania