Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-12-2013, 01:31 PM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Reputation: 14783

Advertisements

Bloomin,

I wanted to wish you luck on your property hunting. I hope that the property is everything that you wanted. Be careful - there are a lot of losers out there. Keep us up to date. Anything that makes a commute easier; has one big plus! If you have any land and want a few friends; I would be happy to send some up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-14-2013, 12:37 AM
 
2,760 posts, read 3,955,989 times
Reputation: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Bloomin,

I wanted to wish you luck on your property hunting. I hope that the property is everything that you wanted. Be careful - there are a lot of losers out there. Keep us up to date. Anything that makes a commute easier; has one big plus! If you have any land and want a few friends; I would be happy to send some up!
LOl, thanks...I think!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2013, 02:54 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Reputation: 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
LOl, thanks...I think!
Did you have a chance to look at the property? Keep us informed when you do and good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2013, 06:15 AM
 
2,760 posts, read 3,955,989 times
Reputation: 1977
No not yet, this week is a bit crazy, my 12 year old is doing a student internship at the camp he started attending when he was 6, and we are going home Thursday to celebrate my 47th bday () with my sisters on LI. I sent my re dude a question because going over the listing it said "cash" in the financial area. So if it has to be an all cash deal we will not even going look at it. I mean if it had been last year when hubby came home from Afganhastian (sp?) we would have been good to go; this summer...ummm not so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-14-2013, 06:43 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Reputation: 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
No not yet, this week is a bit crazy, my 12 year old is doing a student internship at the camp he started attending when he was 6, and we are going home Thursday to celebrate my 47th bday () with my sisters on LI. I sent my re dude a question because going over the listing it said "cash" in the financial area. So if it has to be an all cash deal we will not even going look at it. I mean if it had been last year when hubby came home from Afganhastian (sp?) we would have been good to go; this summer...ummm not so much!
Happy Birthday!..........+42! Have a great trip and visit to LI.

In my county alone there will be somewhere around 1900 foreclosures this year. It is still a buyer's market - no matter what they say. Check with the banks for short sales. You never know. Anyway; good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2013, 06:45 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Reputation: 14783
Bloomin,

What did you do for your birthday? I hope you had a great time or got some nice presents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2013, 05:36 AM
 
2,760 posts, read 3,955,989 times
Reputation: 1977
Thanks for asking Mr. Fisheye, my bday was f'ing AWESOME! It was the first time I shared it with both my sisters in 14 years! MY 2 sil's, nephews, nieces, my sil's sister and my great niece were all there! My sister has 3 acres, a 4 stall horse barn, 2 horses, coy pond, a real park like gazebo, I am talking all the bells and whistles. We spent the night in her yard with the fire pit going, a couple of glasses of wine listening to the kids run and have a ball! My eldest sister truly has the best of all worlds, a country feel with all the amenities of LI. She retired from the state of NY @ 55 after 30 years. I have been so blessed to have such amazing sisters and family. The whole weekend was great. My lil man brought home a cold and this morning ALL my allegeries are kicking in. It happens every time we go home. Oh well, it is worth it! The 17th my daughter turned 24...she was my belated bday present for my 23rd bday. She was so worth it, but my 23rd bday, well it was not pleasant! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-20-2013, 06:52 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Reputation: 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
Thanks for asking Mr. Fisheye, my bday was f'ing AWESOME! It was the first time I shared it with both my sisters in 14 years! MY 2 sil's, nephews, nieces, my sil's sister and my great niece were all there! My sister has 3 acres, a 4 stall horse barn, 2 horses, coy pond, a real park like gazebo, I am talking all the bells and whistles. We spent the night in her yard with the fire pit going, a couple of glasses of wine listening to the kids run and have a ball! My eldest sister truly has the best of all worlds, a country feel with all the amenities of LI. She retired from the state of NY @ 55 after 30 years. I have been so blessed to have such amazing sisters and family. The whole weekend was great. My lil man brought home a cold and this morning ALL my allegeries are kicking in. It happens every time we go home. Oh well, it is worth it! The 17th my daughter turned 24...she was my belated bday present for my 23rd bday. She was so worth it, but my 23rd bday, well it was not pleasant! LOL

Sounds like you really had a great time! Your sister is very lucky to have so much in L.I.!That has to be worth a fortune over there.

Sorry about your allergies - hope you get a break in the pollen.

I was born on my father's birthday and my one sister just missed my grandmother's birthday by one day.

Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-21-2013, 06:00 AM
 
2,760 posts, read 3,955,989 times
Reputation: 1977
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Sounds like you really had a great time! Your sister is very lucky to have so much in L.I.!That has to be worth a fortune over there.

Sorry about your allergies - hope you get a break in the pollen.

I was born on my father's birthday and my one sister just missed my grandmother's birthday by one day.

Have a great day!
That is cool ! When I was having my youngest it was a planned C-section I wanted him delivered on my eldest's birthday...Sept 22, my doc wouldn't go for it he said each of my children deserved their OWN special day! I was so mad at him at that time, so my baby was born on the 18th. Needless to say my 1st born was very happy with his birthday present, his baby brother. That was all he got that year since I was still in the hospital. I did make it up to him when I got discharged though!

Hope you enjoy this glorious day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-22-2013, 06:19 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Reputation: 14783
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
That is cool ! When I was having my youngest it was a planned C-section I wanted him delivered on my eldest's birthday...Sept 22, my doc wouldn't go for it he said each of my children deserved their OWN special day! I was so mad at him at that time, so my baby was born on the 18th. Needless to say my 1st born was very happy with his birthday present, his baby brother. That was all he got that year since I was still in the hospital. I did make it up to him when I got discharged though!

Hope you enjoy this glorious day!
It's raining today - maybe more ways than one? I might be getting called back to work! I kind of liked having 'time-off' during my "retirement". All good things come to an end! But; I don't know for sure - I'll find out more today.

By the way, when you celebrate combined birthdays or birthdays on special occasions; you wish that you had your own special day! Perhaps that is just showing a little greed? As you get older I don't think birthdays are as important - just another day older!

Have a great day - even though you are now older! Just kidding!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top