Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 05:14 AM

2,760 posts, read 3,955,989 times

Advertisements

Thanks Mr. Fisheye...I hear what you are saying about sharing bdays...I know lil man would not like it at all. As far as bdays just meaning you are getting older, I am a little kid when it comes to my birthday, always have been and God willing always will be! My husband believes age is a state of mind and he lives that way. As his wife I can honestly say...his attitude has always been a double edged sword to me!

Sorry to hear you might have to go back to work sooner than expected, but me, my family and my doctor sure appreciate the work you do! Have a great Friday, tomorrow myself and some friends are headed to Philadelphia to continue to celebrate my 47th! One more call to the doctor today and I am good to go! Oh heck, that is the difference between my 47th and 27th celebrations...I didn't need to get medical clearance first!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 05:49 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,158,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloominscranton View Post
Thanks Mr. Fisheye...I hear what you are saying about sharing bdays...I know lil man would not like it at all. As far as bdays just meaning you are getting older, I am a little kid when it comes to my birthday, always have been and God willing always will be! My husband believes age is a state of mind and he lives that way. As his wife I can honestly say...his attitude has always been a double edged sword to me!

Sorry to hear you might have to go back to work sooner than expected, but me, my family and my doctor sure appreciate the work you do! Have a great Friday, tomorrow myself and some friends are headed to Philadelphia to continue to celebrate my 47th! One more call to the doctor today and I am good to go! Oh heck, that is the difference between my 47th and 27th celebrations...I didn't need to get medical clearance first!
My wife feels the same way about her B/D!

I go for an interview Monday. I don't want to say too much right now - I don't know how it is going to work out?

Have a good trip to Philadelphia! How long are you going to extend your B/D celebrations (the whole month)?

Old 08-23-2013, 11:48 AM

30,547 posts, read 16,240,407 times
hey, fisheye, just gotta ask now: what do you do? professionally speaking of course.

hope you're both feeling better soon.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
hey, fisheye, just gotta ask now: what do you do? professionally speaking of course.

hope you're both feeling better soon.
I am a 30 year retired Teamster truck driver. But; I help make flu vaccine seasonally. In the past I worked for a chemical company, carpentry, plumbing, electrical helper, owned a lawnmower repair shop - so I have been around.

I don't have any physical problems - just Bloomin does after her hip surgery.

Thanks for asking!

Old 08-23-2013, 07:44 PM

well, gee-when I come to shoot that waterfall, I can bring my stupid old mower for you to fix!

Old 08-23-2013, 07:48 PM

Quote:
well, gee-when I come to shoot that waterfall, I can bring my stupid old mower for you to fix!
What is the matter with it? Maybe I can help?

Old 08-24-2013, 08:41 AM

oh, I know what the problem is. A few weeks ago, the metal platform thing that hold the seat up off the battery broke. (It's an old mower.)

Took the seat off and of course disconnected the safety cord/switch thing. Now I can't get the stupid thing connected again. It's a little rectangle gizmo that's supposed to fit into a slightly bigger rectangle thing a ma bob.
I just can't get it all the way in.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
oh, I know what the problem is. A few weeks ago, the metal platform thing that hold the seat up off the battery broke. (It's an old mower.)

Took the seat off and of course disconnected the safety cord/switch thing. Now I can't get the stupid thing connected again. It's a little rectangle gizmo that's supposed to fit into a slightly bigger rectangle thing a ma bob.
I just can't get it all the way in.
Sometimes a little grease or oil will help get those tight plastic parts into tight holes. Do you have a metal scrap yard close by? Sometimes you can find seats and miscellaneous parts at our savage yards. There they usually sell the parts for a fraction of what you would pay new. In Stroudsburg there is one and they do have some outdoor equipment set aside for people that need parts. I would think that the S/WB areas would have better pickings?

Good luck with your safety switch - they can drive you nuts.

Last edited by fisheye; 08-24-2013 at 12:09 PM..

Old 08-25-2013, 06:55 AM

will try that!

yup-it was the safety switch that made me crazy. That was it-yup yup yup!

Old 08-26-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
will try that!

yup-it was the safety switch that made me crazy. That was it-yup yup yup!
Some old lawnmower repair shops also have scrap years. You could also try calling one to find out if they do or would recommend a business that did have one.

You can also let your fingers do the walking at sites like this one: Parts Lookup. That is; if they have parts for your old equipment? But, if they do; they give you a free part's diagram which can help you assemble or disassemble your equipment. Some of the leading manufacturers also will give you free parts diagrams and owner's manuals.

Many of the problems do not need specialized tools - there are some. One of the biggest problems with home owners repairing their own equipment is the 'bull in the china shop' tendency. Most small engines are white metal and will not take the torque that you would give screws in a cast iron block. The carburetors also have needle valves that break off if over tightened.

If there is any problem you need help on with power equipment just ask. Most of it has not changed too much since I sold out my business in 75.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania