Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 07:18 PM

23 posts, read 33,947 times

Advertisements

My top choices are:
The Diamond Sisters
Back Mountain
There is a good one out in Sweet Valley
Dr. Bishop

Least Choice-Dr. Kathio-he wanted to charge me $250.00 to put our beloved dalmation to sleep because he had a tumor in his stomach(he checked twice)-it ended up being a chew toy, that he swallowed and it passed in a few days. That was 4 years ago, and spike is still living a happy healthy life with us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 10:33 AM

148 posts, read 265,614 times
I have been using Dr. Stephenson's office in CLarks Summit for the last 15 years. (570-587-3715). He is great along with his other doctors, and staff. Don't forget there is a wonderful emergency Vet place in Clarks Summit ..on Nothern Blvd. (570) 587-7777. My sister has had to use this place twice (sadly).. but they have been great to her. And I am so happy there is a place so close to my house..for this type service.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:06 PM

1,418 posts, read 3,584,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturGirl View Post
Been to three of the vets listed here and was not impressed. Kathio still does shots in the neck which has been shown to be a cause of cancer. Scranton Animal is not clean. The vet is okay but not thorough. Dr. Paws seemed to me to be more about cash.

Calll me picky bit I expect a vet to have a clean office and to be up on his/her game so as to do things in a way that will not risk the animal. I also expect that a vet would be more definitive in care for an issue pointed out. They don't seem to me to take their profession seriously.

One of the things that impressed me at Batavia was that they actually kept animals that were unadoptable or that were brought in to be put down for no good reason. It was an office where one might see old farmers bringing in a foal that was sick as well as people with cats and dogs in all sorts of conditions. They were first and foremost real animal lovers themselves.
I recommend Dr. Stair at Trucksville Animal Hospital in the Back Mountain

Old 08-30-2010, 01:47 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,403,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturGirl View Post
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre but I would drive up to 45 minutes for the real thing. Had one in Batavia, NY and it is noticeable not to have one here.
dr trays (spelling)? was my mom's vet for 13.5 years with our lab. he had lots of problems, and cherry ridge handled them all very well. i forget the name of the doctor who retired there, which is why we went to begin with, but the doc that took over is excellent.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:12 AM

1 posts, read 1,121 times
Hello anyone...
Looking for help rescued a malnourished dog
Without knowing she was expecting she had nine pups we lost two
My daughter has been trying to care for these dogs on a low income working at donut shop college etc..
She is looking for a vet that would take payments she could pay
Please help we live in the pittston area.
Ps she had to hand feed a lot of the pups because the mom was so under weight.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 11-07-2013 at 05:09 AM.. Reason: removed e-mail

Old 11-08-2013, 09:21 AM

1,322 posts, read 3,474,480 times
I would try calling the SPCA and see if they could recommend a vet that they work with that. They may be more open to working with you on cost.

Old 11-09-2013, 05:20 AM

1,935 posts, read 3,144,310 times
Try these these highly known rescues:

Animal Welfare Society of Monroe

Camp Papillon Pet Adoption and Rescue Setting the Standard for Animal Rescue

Old 11-21-2013, 07:23 PM

104 posts, read 189,951 times
Very informative thread...any recommendations for Pike County? I'm in Lehman Township.

Old 04-13-2014, 02:16 AM

1 posts, read 898 times
I've had wonderful experience with Dr. Lynn D'Alessandro in Monroe Township, PA.

D'Alessandro Lynn DVM
6490 Sr 309, Monroe Township, PA 18657
(570) 298-0800

Her office is a tiny bit past Tunhannock. She's great with small animals, such as guinea pigs, and she also did an excellent job at spaying two of my animals. I've heard about others having great experience there, too.

Old 09-28-2015, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 596 times
Until recently, there was a vet in Matamoras who worked by himself. A few months ago the State Veterinary Board revoked his license though for malpractice and incompetence. Sorry that I could not be of more help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania