Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania
 [Register]
Northeastern Pennsylvania Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Pocono area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 04:56 PM

996 posts, read 1,057,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_D_M View Post
WOW! a tap at your table. lol
With wing sauce smeared all over it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 08:27 PM

159 posts, read 318,218 times
I also saw that Miniature Memories is moving into the Mall at Steamtown. I think the Mall is definitely heading in the right direction. After losing so many retail stores, the Mall is finally starting to fill the vacancies with other services, like the tax office, and the children's museum and now this.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,055 times
The reason why tenants are going to the mall is because they are offering FREE RENT to try and fill open stores.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:41 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,183,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK101 View Post
The reason why tenants are going to the mall is because they are offering FREE RENT to try and fill open stores.
Good, I'm glad the mall is doing what they need to, to keep the place open. It is a beautiful mall, connected to a National Historic site.

Back on topic, my family and I had the pleasure of eating at Hurricane last night during the soft opening. The food and atmosphere is very good. The wings are delicious and the number of sauces offered is mind blowing.

I hope it is successful, it can only help the mall, the children's museum and Steamtown to have a successful restaurant close by.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:40 AM

232 posts, read 347,507 times
Has anyone tried it yet? I read some negative reviews on the anti-Mayor site, surprise surprise but thought some of you could give an accurate review.

Thanks!

Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
I'm not expecting it to be as good as some of the local wings, but I want to at least try it....some of the flavors sound interesting. And its good that something is in that space that might attract people other than loiterers.

Next thing they need in or around the mall downtown is a bookstore...a Barnes and Noble or Borders.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBFAN View Post
Has anyone tried it yet? I read some negative reviews on the anti-Mayor site, surprise surprise but thought some of you could give an accurate review.

Thanks!
We have eaten there twice, we were lucky enough to attend both days of the soft opening.
The food is your standard Hooters or TGI fare. The meals are all under 15.00, sandwiches around $7.00. With a very tropical interior design. As a matter of fact, I said to my wife, this place is like Hooters, without the Hooters. Although it seems they did most of the hiring from the sororities of the Univ. of Scranton.

They do have some menu items I haven't seen before, the fish dip appetizer which was very good. They also have a game room and pool table.

The wings are typical, but what makes them very good is the array of sauces, which you can combine to make your own. They will also bring out as many samples as you like, to taste.

They also make an awesome Margarita. The category 5 margarita was intense and with enough alcohol I had a slight buzz after drinking it.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I'm not expecting it to be as good as some of the local wings, but I want to at least try it....some of the flavors sound interesting. And its good that something is in that space that might attract people other than loiterers.

Next thing they need in or around the mall downtown is a bookstore...a Barnes and Noble or Borders.
They do have a discount bookstore in the mall. Although the number of closed stores is alarming.

We were at the Plymouth Meeting Mall right around Christmas and it was a virtual ghost town. They even have a PF Chang and Dave and Busters, with a Whole Food Store in the parking lot.

I think we need an economic turnaround to save the malls. Everybody is shopping at Target, Wal Mart and Costco instead of more traditional and expensive malls.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:58 PM

7,931 posts, read 15,821,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehigh Valley Native View Post
I think we need an economic turnaround to save the malls. Everybody is shopping at Target, Wal Mart and Costco instead of more traditional and expensive malls.
I agree....same here though, I'm hardly ever in either of the malls around here other than around Christmas. I always thought the Steamtown Mall was a bad idea....outdoor shops like the Shoppes at Montage would have been a lot better for the downtown as a whole.

Funny you mention Dave and Busters....I think a Dave and Busters is what Steamtown should try to get in there....make the whole second floor a Dave and Busters.

Old 01-07-2011, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
make the whole second floor a Dave and Busters.
That Boscov's furniture store on the second floor would be perfect. I doubt they pay much, if any rent on the space.

I was also thinking the space might be good for something like this....
BounceU - Perfect Party Places for Kids
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Northeastern Pennsylvania